3 season backpacking tent bag combo

sickles107

I am currently running a 5 lb two man free standing tent, and a walmart 20 deg bag. obviously needs some upgrading.

I am looking at a BA copperspur 1p or 2p, and a SG Chilakoot 15*.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a light freestanding tent and packable bag? Running in SW Montana up until temps drop drastically.

oddtiger

Second Tarptent.

I'm a quilt user and Enlightened Equipment Revelation is perfect for side/stomach sleepers.

Lando

X-mid duo, Six Moon Lunar Solo, Lanshan 3F UL2 from Aliexpress and any of the others mentioned above will do nicely.

wind gypsy

Chilkoot is a nice bag, if you're not over 6' tall though you can cut a few ounces with a WM alpinlite that is a similar cut/warmth or get warmer with a little tighter cut in the versalite.

wodje96

My hunting partner was running a eureka solo tent on the last hunt, I was impressed with it esp for the $ (<$100) less than 3lb, one of the best values I've seen, performance was on point.

wodje96

I run an old golite 20degree bag for warmer hunts (<2lb), the half zipper is starting to be a PIA for my aging body though. I have a 0 degree montbell that I like a lot and may be looking for higher temp range of one of these, its a very comfortable bag to me