3 vane vs. 4 vane fletching?

Looking for some opinions on 3 vane vs 4 vane arrow fletchings when using a 3 blade fixed broadhead. Also what configuration are you using (straight, offset, helical, etc.)? Also feel free to recommend your favorite vanes as well.

406unltd

WKR
Just test it man. We can all tell you what works for us but that doesn’t matter. I have tested that and I’ve always had better Broadhead flight with 4 fletch

Reactions: ZDR

ZDR

WKR
same as 406...test them. Its easy to fletch arrows. I've tried 3, 4 and 6 and always come back to 4 fletch.

ncavi8tor

WKR
I agree with the others about testing. I have not found the need for 3 fletch in my testing when the bow and arrow combination is tuned to shoot bareshafts perfectly at 20 yards. Broadheads have been money out to 80 yards. Additionally, I don't want unnecessary weight on the back of my arrow. Different strokes!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

OP
D
Just test it man. We can all tell you what works for us but that doesn’t matter. I have tested that and I’ve always had better Broadhead flight with 4 fletch
same as 406...test them. Its easy to fletch arrows. I've tried 3, 4 and 6 and always come back to 4 fletch.
I agree with the others about testing. I have not found the need for 3 fletch in my testing when the bow and arrow combination is tuned to shoot bareshafts perfectly at 20 yards. Broadheads have been money out to 80 yards. Additionally, I don't want unnecessary weight on the back of my arrow. Different strokes!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Thanks everyone