30-06 Bullets?

Firehole Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Why can't I find any bullets. I never thought that I would have trouble getting bullets for my Dad's old 30-06 I was going to hunt at Thanksgiving with. I have search a few usual spots and everything is completely gone. Any suggestions are welcomed.

All of the local stores around here have been out for awhile. When this Covid stuff started getting wild I bought a few boxes just in case it got stupid. I didn't think it would actually be a thing for 30-06. Interestingly enough when the shelves were bare in all of the local stores, I noticed there was still a selection of 270, which surprises me. That's long gone now as well. Check your local walmart (depending on the political climate) or the smaller sporting goods stores. I had better luck at the mom and pop shops than the bigger sporting goods stores.

Laramie

WKR
All ammo is tough to find. If you get in a pinch in another week, I may have some premium I could part with.

Spoonbill

WKR
Not sure if this is what you want or a price you want to pay, but here is some 06 ammo in stock.

Gorp2007

WKR
I started to roll my own so I've got a few boxes of Federal sitting in an ammo can I'm not going to shoot any time soon. I'll send you the specifics when I get home.

If you're truly just looking for the bullets themselves, I've also got some 165 and 180 gr pills I'd be willing to part with.

OP
Firehole Hunter

Firehole Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I started to roll my own so I've got a few boxes of Federal sitting in an ammo can I'm not going to shoot any time soon. I'll send you the specifics when I get home.

If you're truly just looking for the bullets themselves, I've also got some 165 and 180 gr pills I'd be willing to part with.
That's a nice gesture of you, but no thanks. I have some spare but was wanting to get some fresh rounds, LOL. I would feel really bad taking from your stash. Had no idea that things were this crazy.