30 cal elk bullet help

netman

WKR
My 300 RUM shoots the 200 AB and the 210 ABLR very well. I found some 200 AB for sale but cannot find any 210 ABLR. My rifle is currently sighted in with the 210 ABLR.
What bullet would you recommend for elk that is similar to the 210 ABLR that can be purchased right now?
I need a box of the ABLR bullets to shoot prior to my elk hunt. I mention this in case someone has a box they would sell me.
Otherwise I’m open for suggestions.
Thanks

Laramie

WKR

madcalfe

WKR
what's wrong with the 200AB? if your gun shoots them well just resight it in with them and carry on.
your gonna have to resight it in if you use any other bullet that the 210 ABLR anyways.
might as well just grab what you know works

Sako300

WKR
Yeah I don’t think they have them! And they don’t have phone service, so they might be on a back order for a long time! I would email them!

Sako300

WKR
Go with 200 grain accubond! 95 grains of Retumbo will push it close to 3200 with a 26 inch barrel. I’ve killed elk stone dead at 700 yards. Furthest I’ve shot with them

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor

Rock-o

WKR

I ordered from them and told a friend. He said they'll sit on the order for a few weeks and then it won't get filled. He was right except it happened in 8 days. At least they gave me an option to go on back order. Who knows if that would have been filled. I cancelled. Here's the email.

_____
We regret that we are unable to immediately complete your order. We have sold out of the product on your order. Unfortunately, our inventory system allowed orders to be placed even after these were depleted. We also attempted to have our supplier ship this direct to you, but they are back ordered for approximately 9-12 weeks.

Please reply to this email and let us know if you want to place your order on back order to ship as soon as your order becomes available, substitute another product or cancel your order. If you need additional information regarding this order, please include your questions in your reply. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate you shopping with us online.

Last edited:

Gila

WKR
I ordered from them and told a friend. He said they'll sit on the order for a few weeks and then it won't get filled. He was right except it happened in 8 days. At least they gave me an option to go on back order. Who knows if that would have been filled. I cancelled. Here's the email.

_____
We regret that we are unable to immediately complete your order. We have sold out of the product on your order. Unfortunately, our inventory system allowed orders to be placed even after these were depleted. We also attempted to have our supplier ship this direct to you, but they are back ordered for approximately 9-12 weeks.

Please reply to this email and let us know if you want to place your order on back order to ship as soon as your order becomes available, substitute another product or cancel your order. If you need additional information regarding this order, please include your questions in your reply. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate you shopping with us online.
I bought what I needed of 180 gr AB trophy grade from opticsplanet back in June or July. Luckily it was in stock and it was fast shipping. Close to hunting season, it is selling out in minutes now instead of hours. Supposedly, some sportsman’s warehouses, cabelas stores have some 300 win mag ammo of various brands . Every time I check my store they are out. They won’t sell it online for the obvious reason. I check daily looking for 200 gr. online. However, I am sighted in and ready to go with the 180 gr AB.

Rock-o

WKR
I bought what I needed ... back in June or July. Luckily it was in stock and it was fast shipping. Close to hunting season, it is selling out in minutes now instead of hours.

I don't know if you're suggesting I waited "too long" or not but my attempted purchase was the middle of May. Or maybe you're simply sharing your experience for others. Either way, selling out in minutes has been the norm for a long, long time.

Glad you got what you needed.

Gila

WKR
I don't know if you're suggesting I waited "too long" or not but my attempted purchase was the middle of May. Or maybe you're simply sharing your experience for others. Either way, selling out in minutes has been the norm for a long, long time.

Glad you got what you needed.
No, I am not suggesting anything. Just that August - September is when hunters typically check their zero or when they sight in with new ammo. The demand is higher this time of year. When I bought my ammo from OpticsPlanet it was sold out the next day. So far I have had good experiences with OpticsPlanet. Actually yesterday was the first chance I had to get my new “highly customized” Tikka on the range and get it dialed in with the 180 gr AB.

I would like to see you get the ammo you want. I think calling Cabelas or Sportmans often is an option was the point I was making.

Rock-o

WKR
Gotcha, @Gila.

I'm good. Fortunately, I've been pretty well prepared and haven't had any issues since I try to keep a minimum stock of consumables for my reloading.

On a tanget, start a different thread (or point me to an existing thread, please) to showcase your Tikka. I'd like to see it. Firearms are neat and I don't have anything even sort of custom.