30 Cal Long Range Hunting Build

thamesj

FNG
Havent tried them but read good things especialy on the 4831ssc. Also saw some post on 7828ssc. Dont have any of those but all 3 are readly availble from my local stores. I like H4350 alot for temp stability and my 6.5 so hope i can find a good load that will atleast reach 2850 with 212-215 class bullets.

Mike,

Any more info on the $2Kish package? If I missed it somewhere else I apologize.

A custom 300PRC will run around $4k with our carbon barrel and lone peak action. I’ve got a tikka build package I’m working on that will be around $2000 that will include carbon barrel, mbm brake, AG alpine hunter stock and our billet magazine + cerakote and all other labor involved.
Using our billet tikka magazine we can run a long throated WSM and you have a few choices on barrel contours depending on desired barrel length. Send me an email if you’re interested and I can spin up a build sheet :)

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

khuber84

WKR
Mike's had one my Tikka for a lil while now. Getting the summit barrel treatment in 300wsm long throated for 190-200gr Bergers and copper solids, 9 twist. Hoping the rifle is in the 6.5# range before optics. Should be getting done soon! I have 200pcs Bertram brass fully match prepped for this rifle, should hold pressure well and make great vo with RL26.

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
What’s your opinion on the Bertram brass? Consistent & well manufactured?

khuber84

WKR
What’s your opinion on the Bertram brass? Consistent & well manufactured?
Well......Bertram was in the process of recalling and sending back the entire batch of 300wsm brass due to inconsistencies, the biggest was in the extractor cut, I had several of the 300 pieces that wouldn't go into a shell holder. I was able to get all mine weight sorted within 3 grain spread as he had a lot to pick through. Shoulder measurement had a change of 12 thou, I had to skim turn necks down as they were pretty inconsistent as well. Now some their brass in other cartridges has been quite good like the nosler line and I've heard their 338 rum brass is good too. Personally I'd just go with norma and skip the 5 hours it took me to get this all trued up. Hopefully it holds pressure well.

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
Ok thanks for that. I was leaning Norma even tho it’s way more expensive but I want my HCA 300 wsm investment to be all that it can be.

tdhanses

WKR
Well......Bertram was in the process of recalling and sending back the entire batch of 300wsm brass due to inconsistencies, the biggest was in the extractor cut, I had several of the 300 pieces that wouldn't go into a shell holder. I was able to get all mine weight sorted within 3 grain spread as he had a lot to pick through. Shoulder measurement had a change of 12 thou, I had to skim turn necks down as they were pretty inconsistent as well. Now some their brass in other cartridges has been quite good like the nosler line and I've heard their 338 rum brass is good too. Personally I'd just go with norma and skip the 5 hours it took me to get this all trued up. Hopefully it holds pressure well.

What! I just got 100rds of this last week.