$30 Carbon Fiber Costco Trekking Poles

IDHUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
After I saw these trekking poles at my local Costco I was very intrigued but I wondered what kind of quality I'd be getting for $30 for 2 poles. Well after some research I found some very positive reviews that put them on par with the high dollar poles you get at places like REI. So I went back and picked up a pair and after playing around with them around the house I think this has to be one of the best deals going in the outdoor world. If you're in the market for some inexpensive and lightweight trekking poles you would do well to take a hard look at these.

Here's a pretty comprehensive review - Costco Trekking Poles Gear Review | Traveler Ted

E Wa Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have had a pair for 3 ish years love them and they haven't had any issues at all in my opinion you can't beat them for the price

yak

Lil-Rokslider
I like mine as well. Wish they broke down smaller when compressed, but they do the job and the price is hard to beat.

gudspelr

Lil-Rokslider
Yup-I got a set earlier this year and hiked around 20-25 miles with them. I now have a second set for others going out with me. I'd never used trekking poles before and wouldn't leave them behind now. One review I read about them said something about the noise. I've found that when I clank them on a rock or something, they do make a rattling noise. Anothing thing I noticed is the finish quality on the cork handles. He edge of the cork doesn't match up super well to the rubber portion on some of them. So for the second set, I checked the handles on several sets before picking one that had hardly any issue. On the first pair, I smoothed out the transition. To me, not an issue for $30. I definitely recommend them.

Jeremy

They are awesome. Very good value. I think ultralighter Andrew Skurka likes them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what more you'd get with $100+ poles as I've used mine for probably 4 year. Costco also has a great headlamp (2 pack) with red and white beams for that were something like $15 (each) that I like a lot as well.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure what more you'd get with $100+ poles as I've used mine for probably 4 year. Costco also has a great headlamp (2 pack) with red and white beams for that were something like $15 (each) that I like a lot as well.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Those two-pack headlamps are fantastic. I think they were 12.99 for the pack here in Canada. They come with a little flashing red led as well that attaches to the back of the strap for each light. Great for running or in the glove box.

Between the poles, those headlamps, a couple of zip fleeces I've got, and the roto molded coolers I've been eyeing the last couple times I've been in, Costco is becoming a legit place to shop for gear.

jmsdad

Lil-Rokslider
Just bought these over the weekend...haven't been inside this particular Costco store since a newer store opened close by. Bought 2 extra pairs, hopefully they'll get me by for the next 10yrs. The opened pair of poles are 3yrs old. Before that I was using aluminum ski poles.

standard_lengthy

Lil-Rokslider
Agreed. I got mine off Amazon and have been very satisfied. Also used some of the snow cups they came with for snowshoeing and they worked great.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

colonel00

WKR
Just bought these over the weekend...haven't been inside this particular Costco store since a newer store opened close by. Bought 2 extra pairs, hopefully they'll get me by for the next 10yrs. The opened pair of poles are 3yrs old. Before that I was using aluminum ski poles.

Which Costco in the Bay Area had them? I'm down in San Jose and haven't scoured the nearby stores but might want to pick up a backup set.

jmsdad

Lil-Rokslider
I got them at the Costco off Automall Pkwy in Fremont. You might try the Costco in Santa Clara off Coleman ave.

colonel00

WKR
actually, I hit the automall pkwy now and again because of the BWW up there. I'll check out.

I picked up two pair. One for my dad for Father's Day and one for my wife or daughter when they come with me. For $30 they are a great value!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other than stopping by every local Costco in the area, does anyone know of a better way to see if a store carries these?