30 Degree Bag for Early September in Colorado

If you go with a 30° bag you may want to invest in a bag liner for it depending on what the weather does.

Poser

WKR
I use a 30* quilt all year in SW Colorado, between 8-12k. I layer up as needed for both day and night.

Considering that you and I hunt the same country and elevations and given that I am a legitimately warm sleeper, I’m surprised you get away with a 30 degree quilt when it’s unseasonably cold in Mid Oct and especially November. I use a 20 degree quilt during the same timeframes and, I feel like I’m pushing the limits of a 20 degree quilt further than most people would be comfortable. Take another 10 degrees worth of fill out of the quilt and it would probably do me in unless I were sleeping in puffy jacket, puffy pants and possibly down booties, too. Not that I’m opposed to sleeping in a puffy, I’ve done it before in and will surely do it again, but an unseasonably cold October night in the bottom of a deep, cold drainage at 11,200 feet in the San Juans with a 30 degree quilt is legit BRUTE. I’ll have words with any person that claims otherwise.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I just don't know anyone that carries puffy pants during archery. A 30deg quilt is living on the edge, that's for sure.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I’ll usually sleep in my puffy jacket, pants and booties in my quilt. I also have a stove in the tipi so that helps. There’s been a few nights of misery, I won’t lie.

Better have a fantastic pad if you're banking on a 30 degree bag at that elevation.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I’ll usually sleep in my puffy jacket, pants and booties in my quilt. I also have a stove in the tipi so that helps. There’s been a few nights of misery, I won’t lie.
As Paul Harvey would say "the rest of the story" lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk