30" Mule Deer

coelk81

FNG
My son had the yoakum dunes WMA mule deer tag this year. What a fantastic hunt, the biologist aka guide was very informative. The panhandle and the western part of Texas have spectacular mule deer hunting. My sons buck scored 180 gross and he is only 13. We passed on a dozen or so that the guide said were around 150+ but they were only about 3 years old. He was looking for a mature buck and my sons was approx 7 yrs. I don't think many people realize that Texas has some spectacular mule deer hunting both public and private. Most of the Public is draw only, which is really no different than most western states. You shot a great buck...congratulations!

OP
rodney747

rodney747

WKR
My son had the yoakum dunes WMA mule deer tag this year. What a fantastic hunt, the biologist aka guide was very informative. The panhandle and the western part of Texas have spectacular mule deer hunting. My sons buck scored 180 gross and he is only 13. We passed on a dozen or so that the guide said were around 150+ but they were only about 3 years old. He was looking for a mature buck and my sons was approx 7 yrs. I don't think many people realize that Texas has some spectacular mule deer hunting both public and private. Most of the Public is draw only, which is really no different than most western states. You shot a great buck...congratulations!
Any pictures?

OP
rodney747

rodney747

WKR
Your son was extremely lucky: first to draw a tag and secondly there areVERY few 180 inch bucks killed on public land. The odds of an adult getting drawn are about 1 in 500 at the least. Youth slightly better. Happy for him!

Roger17

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome deer. Congrats. When I had a lease up by Wellington I saw some huge muley bucks, and tons of does and smaller bucks, driving between there and Childress. Sadly no muleys up where we hunted. Sure miss hunting up there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk