30 Nosler Brass

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Had several PMs about this last week. Here you go.

https://bertrambrass.com/product/30-nosler-unprimed-brass-100-count/

311d54245e7a356ee307ebfd02b98a5b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yea my buddy was talking about getting a 28 Nosler and so out of curiosity I looked at brass options....... HOLY FuGG..... why is the Nosler family cartridges(brass) so damn expensive? @$2.80 a piece for Nosler brand. I said no thanks

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
This is why I build 300 RUMs:)

WesternHntr

Lil-Rokslider
yea my buddy was talking about getting a 28 Nosler and so out of curiosity I looked at brass options....... HOLY FuGG..... why is the Nosler family cartridges(brass) so damn expensive? @$2.80 a piece for Nosler brand. I said no thanks
Have no fear.. ADG is about to release 28 and 30 Nos brass. I'm guessing it'll be around $2/case and it's been compared to Lapua quality!

Pro953

WKR
I am guilty as the next, but I do find it interesting how much we pay attention to brass cost.

Depending on brass life you are looking under 50 cents for the life cycle of the case.

This is what is steering me away from the .30. 300 win mag is now on my list. That and if I ever have an issue with ammo, I can pick up 300 win mag just about anywhere.

FURMAN

WKR
I wonder how many who brag about how awesome ADG is have used it. I have compared it to others in 6.5 CM and 300 WIN. It is very consistent but is very soft. It is softer than Norma or Nosler. I do like having ADG as an option but it is NOT any where near Lapua. I am still in the middle of testing Bertram in the 300 WIN but it is holding up probably better than any brass I have used. The only downside is the weight consistency is not as good. As stated I am still testing. The horrible weight variance in Hornady brass made no difference in the Creedmoor. I was able to get very small sds. I was told the reason for soft ADG brass is because manufacturers use it for ammo and the primer pockets can not be too hard for the priming tools. I don't care what the excuse is. If I have to pay a bunch of money for brass I want it to last. Bertram is looking like a great option for me.

I am guilty as the next, but I do find it interesting how much we pay attention to brass cost.

Depending on brass life you are looking under 50 cents for the life cycle of the case.

If a guy orders 200 pieces of brass $500 vs $200-300 is definitely noticeable.

sneaky

"DADDY"
If a guy orders 200 pieces of brass $500 vs $200-300 is definitely noticeable.
If you can get more firings out of the $500 brass then it is a wash in reality though

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I wonder how many who brag about how awesome ADG is have used it. I have compared it to others in 6.5 CM and 300 WIN. It is very consistent but is very soft. It is softer than Norma or Nosler. I do like having ADG as an option but it is NOT any where near Lapua. I am still in the middle of testing Bertram in the 300 WIN but it is holding up probably better than any brass I have used. The only downside is the weight consistency is not as good. As stated I am still testing. The horrible weight variance in Hornady brass made no difference in the Creedmoor. I was able to get very small sds. I was told the reason for soft ADG brass is because manufacturers use it for ammo and the primer pockets can not be too hard for the priming tools. I don't care what the excuse is. If I have to pay a bunch of money for brass I want it to last. Bertram is looking like a great option for me.

I've used it a lot in my Creedmoor and it held up great for me. 15 firings and was still going strong when I decided to stop my brass life test.

Early runs of their brass had primer pockets that were at the upper end of the SAMMI spec which made them loose a good feel after minimal firings. They listened to the complaints and re-tooled to bring the primer pockets down near the SAMMI minimum. The SAUM brass they sent me for testing had pockets so tight they were uncomfortable to prime and then settled in to the perfect feel after the first or second firing.

I haven't run SAUM brass to failure yet so I don't know how many firings I'll get off it but I did test case head hardness with a calibrated machine and it tested harder than my Norma brass.

FURMAN

WKR
I've used it a lot in my Creedmoor and it held up great for me. 15 firings and was still going strong when I decided to stop my brass life test.

Early runs of their brass had primer pockets that were at the upper end of the SAMMI spec which made them loose a good feel after minimal firings. They listened to the complaints and re-tooled to bring the primer pockets down near the SAMMI minimum. The SAUM brass they sent me for testing had pockets so tight they were uncomfortable to prime and then settled in to the perfect feel after the first or second firing.

I haven't run SAUM brass to failure yet so I don't know how many firings I'll get off it but I did test case head hardness with a calibrated machine and it tested harder than my Norma brass.

In my testing in the CM it lasted the same as every other large rifle primer case. The Lapua and Peterson SRP were obviously better and is what I would use in the Creedmoor. I am not done with my 300WM comparison but the ADG is smoked and the others are still going. Like I said it is a nice option and for those that find it to be good that is great. As far as I am concerned they are 0for2. Sorry if this offends I am just stating facts. I am using primer pocket go/no go gauges.

In any case I am looking forward to putting this 30 Nosler Bertram brass through its paces.

Last edited:
In my testing in the CM it lasted the same as every other large rifle primer case. The Lapua and Peterson SRP were obviously better and is what I would use in the Creedmoor. I am not done with my 300WM comparison but the ADG is smoked and the others are still going. Like I said it is a nice option and for those that find it to be good that is great. As far as I am concerned they are 0for2. Sorry if this offends I am just stating facts. I am using primer pocket go/no go gauges.

In any case I am looking forward to putting this 30 Nosler Bertram brass through its paces.

No offense taken but it's not apples to apples to compare LRP and SRP cases so I'm not sure why that disappointed you. Your 300 WM comparison is the one that interests me more. ADG prides themselves in doing magnum cases right and your experience says otherwise. If I was you, I'd call and chat with them about your experience; I feel it would be worth your time.

FURMAN

WKR
I mentioned the srp because I was looking for the best brass not the best lrp brass. The point is the ADG did not outperform any of the brass I tested in the lasting department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WesternHntr

Lil-Rokslider
No I have not personally tested ADG brass but I know serious match shooters who have..And every review has been stellar, not a single report of soft shitty brass like Nosler or Norma, I've had those cases fail in 3 firings.
Bertram brass may be tough, but every serious shooter I've heard from complained about consistency and velocity spreads. So why the hell would you pay premium brass prices for non premium brass?????
I'm about to get some ADG 7 Saum brass to make 6.5 saum, I'll report back!

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
No I have not personally tested ADG brass but I know serious match shooters who have..And every review has been stellar, not a single report of soft shitty brass like Nosler or Norma, I've had those cases fail in 3 firings.
Bertram brass may be tough, but every serious shooter I've heard from complained about consistency and velocity spreads. So why the hell would you pay premium brass prices for non premium brass?????

I will send you some Bertram 6.5 saum brass if you will give an honest review? But don't bash or praise something you have never used. It's what's wrong with the internet.

FURMAN

WKR

That’s hilarious because I’ve tried it in two different cartridges and both failed at 3 firings with charges well below pressure. I’ll repeat I tried it not someone I know or don’t know. I tried it. I will repeat I was told it was because the oems use the two cartridges and pockets needed to be more loose to start but I don’t care why. The Bertram is still going when the ADG died. Use what you want. Don’t bash things you have not tried.

WesternHntr

Lil-Rokslider
That’s hilarious because I’ve tried it in two different cartridges and both failed at 3 firings with charges well below pressure. I’ll repeat I tried it not someone I know or don’t know. I tried it. I will repeat I was told it was because the oems use the two cartridges and pockets needed to be more loose to start but I don’t care why. The Bertram is still going when the ADG died. Use what you want. Don’t bash things you have not tried.

Chill the F out bro.. sorry to hear about your bad experience, the reviews I've seen on ADG, and Bertram are from professionals, check out Long Range Only for example...
I will concede to your point and certainly plan on testing ADG myself (as I stated above).
Not trying to bash anything or anyone, just sharing reviews from the pros.. And I'm certainly open to giving Bertram a try!
Have a fantastic day

- - - Updated - - -

I will send you some Bertram 6.5 saum brass if you will give an honest review? But don't bash or praise something you have never used. It's what's wrong with the internet.
Fair enough, didn't realize you were a distributor.. Not trying to discourage your products and I apologize for offending you.
I would definitely appreciate a few 6.5 SAUM cases to test, and would provide an honest review.
I'm not a self proclaimed professional, just a serious long range shooter, but I'd do my best.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I’m not offended. You are not wrong, BB has had QC issues. I got involved because I think they make the best 300 RUM brass. I can get 10-12 firings and very low ES.

Bruce knows if he wants to compete over here he has to make consistent brass.

Our 6.5 Saum brass is very consistent.