30 Nosler +P

Whisky

WKR
Nice, light brakes. Have you any experience with the 419 Hellfire self timing brake, and how that would compare to the Ti Pro 1?

SawtoothShooter

Lil-Rokslider
Nice, light brakes. Have you any experience with the 419 Hellfire self timing brake, and how that would compare to the Ti Pro 1?
Have a few of them. Work great, got that ugly sexy goin on like an A10. Heavy and doesn't match the profile of your barrel. Other then that it would be a gun specific deal to compare performance apples to apples..

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Procision Arms

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
The video on page 1 of the +P throating, I tried quoting it, but failed pretty miserably!

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member

jmo

FNG
After watching my wife shoot a bull at 1165 with a 215 Berger traveling 2820. It made me rethink what I needed in a LR rifle. After giving it some thought I decided I didn't need a long barrel to get those speeds out of a 30 Nosler case especially if I have Defensive Edge +P it.

So I started collecting parts, the final piece showed up today. Here is the parts list.

Carbon Six Carbon Barrel 20" 1/8 Twist
Mesa Precision Arms TI LA
XLR Element Chassis
TI Pro Muzzle Brake
Geissele Super 700 Tigger
Hawkins Precision Long Range Hybrid Rings
Vortex LHT (This could change)

One thing that surprised me was the Mesa Precision action was lighter than advertised.

View attachment 211012
Now that you have some trigger time on that Mesa Precision action what are your thoughts? If you had it to do all over again would you still choose the same action? As light as it is it seems great for a mountain rifle, but I haven't been able to find very much on it in the way of reviews.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Now that you have some trigger time on that Mesa Precision action what are your thoughts? If you had it to do all over again would you still choose the same action? As light as it is it seems great for a mountain rifle, but I haven't been able to find very much on it in the way of reviews.

I had one and it was a disappointment

jmo

FNG
I had one and it was a disappointment
If you'd care to elaborate on what it was you found disappointing I'd be appreciative. I've been considering one of their actions.

I don't know if it was the nature of a ti action or something else but I had issues with heavy bolt lift with book loads.
I'd be OK with a few shots then the bolt would lock up and I'd have to smack it with my palm.
I tried 3 different barrels on that action and never had consistent accuracy either, the only thing that was consistent were the bolt issues.
That thing drove me nuts, I'll never use a Mesa or ti action again