30 Nosler +P

westcoasthunter

Lil-Rokslider
I don't think it will disappoint. I would love to see the speed difference between the 30 Nos +P and the 300 PRC +P
Do you have any thoughts of what it might roughly be with same same barrel carbon 6 and 20” but 300 prc +p pushing the 215 same brass same powder ?

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Do you have any thoughts of what it might roughly be with same same barrel carbon 6 and 20” but 300 prc +p pushing the 215 same brass same powder ?
Very similar to the 30 Nosler +P. I went with the 30 Nolser because I think 300 PRC brass will be hard to find for a few years. 30 Nolser, not so much. :)

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Haaa haaa! Shawn will be putting me together a 33" +P RUM in a few weeks. Should run the 245's between 3125 and 3200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You will do better than that. I have a 28" +P Rum doing almost 3100

I don't think it will disappoint. I would love to see the speed difference between the 30 Nos +P and the 300 PRC +P
I’ll have a 22” 300 prc +p In the next few months. Also have a 22” carbon six barrel blank just in case I want to go with a 30 nosler instead. Like you said brass availability is a big factor.

Whisky

WKR
Nice rifle!
How you like that NX8? Is the eye box/parallax as bad as some claim, or not an issue?

SawtoothShooter

Lil-Rokslider
Nice rifle!
How you like that NX8? Is the eye box/parallax as bad as some claim, or not an issue?
Eyebox is tight for sure. But that is to be expected on a shorty 8x scope. I have zero other negatives for either of my NX8s. Ryan, thanks again for recommending it a couple summers back.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

204guy

WKR
Ryan obviously you seem to like it but hows the concussion? I've shot my 18" 30-06 with a TBAC cb break unsuppressed a few times to check poi without the suppressor. Even doubled up with plugs and muffs it was brutal.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Ryan obviously you seem to like it but hows the concussion? I've shot my 18" 30-06 with a TBAC cb break unsuppressed a few times to check poi without the suppressor. Even doubled up with plugs and muffs it was brutal.
I was expecting much worse. Defiantly not a deal-breaker.

casey58

FNG
@Ryan Avery how is the recoil? Are you able to spot your own shots?

I second Ryan’s answer, I was recently hunting with him and had issues with my gun. I ended up using his 30 nosler and was able to spot the shot on my deer at 400. I picked up one of his breaks on the way home to put on my 300wsm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk