30% off OnXMaps

AdamW

WKR
Use promo code "Father" and save 30%. Gets you a year of any state membership for $21. Needed Colorado for summer vacation so good timing! Also applies to the elite all access membership as well.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I couldn't get this code to work for me. Is this Google play store compatible?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
AdamW

AdamW

WKR
Sorry, I went to the website and did it on there, then opened the app on my phone and it all syched up. That's how I did it last year, I didn't buy through the app. I just went to the website and did the same process and got it to work again. Try it through the website?

Finch

WKR
I'm a little behind the times on this stuff. Are there any benefits to having OnX maps if you will be hunting in national forest or wilderness that is relatively no where close to private? I have an Etrex 20 GPS which I know isn't compatible with this. Since the etrex 20 won't work, I was thinking I could use my phone but don't see the point in my situation. Just checking anyway in case I'm missing out on something.

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
Quick question. Does onX work offline? Will be spotty cell service in my CO hunt unit. I don't have fthe funds to buy the chip and all that

OP
AdamW

AdamW

WKR
You can use it just like a gps to make tracks and waypoints etc. I much prefer it over my Garmin. You can use it to see exactly where you are or see if you are getting close to a predetermined glassing spot etc.

You can save the "tiles" of your hunting area beforehand and it requires no cell service etc. Topo layers, aerials, trail maps, everything. I found it extremely accurate last year.

I will never go out west without it if I can keep from it. Totally worth it. My gps IS my backup gps.

deadwolf

WKR
This is the first year I will use it for Wyoming, looking forward to it, saved all the tiles tonight for the area we'll be in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krojemann

WKR
I'm a little behind the times on this stuff. Are there any benefits to having OnX maps if you will be hunting in national forest or wilderness that is relatively no where close to private? I have an Etrex 20 GPS which I know isn't compatible with this. Since the etrex 20 won't work, I was thinking I could use my phone but don't see the point in my situation. Just checking anyway in case I'm missing out on something.
Their chip should work fine on your Etrex 20. The chips are located behind the battery. Their app needs to be installed on a smart phone or tablet. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Finch

WKR
You can use it just like a gps to make tracks and waypoints etc. I much prefer it over my Garmin. You can use it to see exactly where you are or see if you are getting close to a predetermined glassing spot etc.

You can save the "tiles" of your hunting area beforehand and it requires no cell service etc. Topo layers, aerials, trail maps, everything. I found it extremely accurate last year.

I will never go out west without it if I can keep from it. Totally worth it. My gps IS my backup gps.

So as long as I have a GPS signal on my phone, my phone will essentially be all that I would need? BTW, I would still carry my maps/compass and Etrex 20 but the phone has a bigger screen.

Renewed mine as well. Went with the Elite package this year. All I use is my cell phone in the backcountry now for GPS. I prefer the Gaia GPS app for my topo and navigation maps but use OnXmaps for the boundary lines. I still carry a paper map and compass and have my Suunto GPS watch as a backup for emergency nav. Been solely using my iPhone the last three years and haven't been disappointed. So much better than a GPS for how I use it.

OP
AdamW

AdamW

WKR
So as long as I have a GPS signal on my phone, my phone will essentially be all that I would need? BTW, I would still carry my maps/compass and Etrex 20 but the phone has a bigger screen.

Correct. I think you'll find it 20 of the best bucks you've spent for hunting IMO. Also your gps still works when your phone is on airplane mode (at least most are). My battery lasted a loooooong time. I had a 10000 mah charger pack for it for recharges. Worked great.

Renewed mine as well. Went with the Elite package this year. All I use is my cell phone in the backcountry now for GPS. I prefer the Gaia GPS app for my topo and navigation maps but use OnXmaps for the boundary lines. I still carry a paper map and compass and have my Suunto GPS watch as a backup for emergency nav. Been solely using my iPhone the last three years and haven't been disappointed. So much better than a GPS for how I use it.

Exactly this

Use promo code "Father" and save 30%. Gets you a year of any state membership for $21. Needed Colorado for summer vacation so good timing! Also applies to the elite all access membership as well.

Thanks AdamW for the heads up. Been wanting to pull the trigger on this for a while now...you just made it that much easier. Much appreciated

Finch

WKR
Correct. I think you'll find it 20 of the best bucks you've spent for hunting IMO. Also your gps still works when your phone is on airplane mode (at least most are). My battery lasted a loooooong time. I had a 10000 mah charger pack for it for recharges. Worked great.

Thanks, you talked me into it. Just placed my order.

OP
AdamW

AdamW

WKR
Deal has been extended according to an email I just got. Go!