300 PRC

Nealm66

Lil-Rokslider
Well, I have the CA Mesa long range with an amd tuner and I really like it. My brother feels it kicks less than his 300 weatherby vanguard which it might since it’s a lot heavier. It’s more like a push like the 340/338. Might be the heavier bullets I’m shooting. Hope that helps

Nealm66

Lil-Rokslider
I’d have to look at CA’s website. It’s definitely on the heavier side. It’s a well built rifle in my opinion. I’ll have it rebarreled when it’s time. It really didn’t shoot factory ammunition that well so that might be something to consider. It’s probably not a bad choice if you’re not used to heavy recoil and want to spot your shots. It knocks my earmuffs off my ear trying to spot shots sometimes and even with an earplug in it still makes my ear deaf for a while. I shoot it a lot so I shoot it pretty well but it might take a bit for someone jumping up from a smaller caliber . Hope that helps

Venatic

FNG
I have had one for a couple years now and I prefer over 300 WM but they are very similar ballistically.
Better case design than Win Mag is main difference.
Win Mag has more ammo choices though.

OP
Jackie_Daytona
I have had one for a couple years now and I prefer over 300 WM but they are very similar ballistically.
Better case design than Win Mag is main difference.
Win Mag has more ammo choices though.
How is the recoil? Much more or same than the WM?