300 RUM Build Options

Chanimal

FNG
I want to build a 300 RUM with the 4" wyatts box. I'm looking for input on components, etc.. 300 RUM because I have all of the reloading tooling and components, and I like the cartridge.

Action: The only action I have found currently available made to accept a 4" box is the MOA 4.0, but it looks like Bat Machine/Unknown are coming out with one. Is there anything else out there off the shelf?

Barrel: I would like to go with a 24" heavy contour carbon wrapped barrel. Leaning towards the Carbon Six magnum contour, but I could be swayed on length and brand.

Trigger: I know nothing about triggers, I just want something that functions reliably and has a reliable safety.

I want to build a 300 RUM with the 4" wyatts box. I'm looking for input on components, etc.. 300 RUM because I have all of the reloading tooling and components, and I like the cartridge.

Action: The only action I have found currently available made to accept a 4" box is the MOA 4.0, but it looks like Bat Machine/Unknown are coming out with one. Is there anything else out there off the shelf?

Barrel: I would like to go with a 24" heavy contour carbon wrapped barrel. Leaning towards the Carbon Six magnum contour, but I could be swayed on length and brand.

Trigger: I know nothing about triggers, I just want something that functions reliably and has a reliable safety.
I had lone peak cut a razor action to 4"
You'll have to request it specifically.
I'd recommend the Triggertech special, and if you're committed to going with a CF barrel then check out Bartlein or Benchmark

OP
C

Chanimal

FNG
I had lone peak cut a razor action to 4"
You'll have to request it specifically.
I'd recommend the Triggertech special, and if you're committed to going with a CF barrel then check out Bartlein or Benchmark
Thanks for the info! I reached out to lone peak this morning. I'm guessing you chose the Razor ILO Fusion because of weight/cost?

What did you do for a stock?

Thanks for the info! I reached out to lone peak this morning. I'm guessing you chose the Razor ILO Fusion because of weight/cost?

What did you do for a stock?
I just did the standard razor action, they're excellent BTW.
I used a McMillan game scout and it dropped right in.
Redhawk rifles stocks them for a good price

Anschutz

Lil-Rokslider
Barrel: +1 on Bartlein or Benchmark. Both are pretty common among competitive shooters with a reputation for accuracy. I have one on my 6BR and it's a good shooter so far. I believe my service rifle barrel is also a Bartlein.
Stock: I can't really help on the stock as my nicest stock is an Eliseo Chassis from gotxring.com and after that is Bell and Carlson. I assume you are looking for a conventional stock with the Wyatt Box? If so I'd steer away from an ultralight so there is something left to soak up some recoil.
Trigger: I prefer two stage triggers as I spent several years of my life slung up to an Anschutz. I have a Bixn'Andy on my 6BR and it's 90% of an Anschutz. If the TT is even half as nice as the BA, you'll be happy.

OP
C

Chanimal

FNG
I had a conventional stock in mind, either the McMillan game scout or game warden is what I was looking at, something basic with a vertical grip. I'm going to call red hawk rifles today and pick their brain, they are fairly local to me and I have ordered from them in the past. Also looks like they have most everything else (barrel, bottom metal, trigger, wyatts box, etc) in-stock, besides a game warden stock option.

OP
C

Chanimal

FNG
Short update here. I just received my complete build from the gunsmith this weekend. It turned out great! No pictures yet... Parts list is below:

Action: Lone Peak Fusion, Alpine cut and cut for CFE-9 wyatts box
Barrel: Bartlein 1:10 #13 contour, 24"
Stock: McMillan Game Scout Olive w/ black speck
Trigger: TT Special 2 stage
Brake: TI PRO 2

Initial impression is the Lone Peak action is sweet! Very smooth and bolt cycle feels great. The Trigger is crisp, I like the two stage but will take some getting used to on my end.

This weekends project is mounting my NXS then start brass prep. For load development, I have ADG Brass, 225eldms, 215 bergers along with N570 and retumbo to work with... Hoping to get through barrel break-in and load development quickly. If anyone has experience with those reloading components in a RUM I would appreciate some feedback.

BAKPAKR

WKR
Short update here. I just received my complete build from the gunsmith this weekend. It turned out great! No pictures yet... Parts list is below:

Action: Lone Peak Fusion, Alpine cut and cut for CFE-9 wyatts box
Barrel: Bartlein 1:10 #13 contour, 24"
Stock: McMillan Game Scout Olive w/ black speck
Trigger: TT Special 2 stage
Brake: TI PRO 2

Initial impression is the Lone Peak action is sweet! Very smooth and bolt cycle feels great. The Trigger is crisp, I like the two stage but will take some getting used to on my end.

This weekends project is mounting my NXS then start brass prep. For load development, I have ADG Brass, 225eldms, 215 bergers along with N570 and retumbo to work with... Hoping to get through barrel break-in and load development quickly. If anyone has experience with those reloading components in a RUM I would appreciate some feedback.
Your components sound good. Any photos yet?