300 RUM load for 225 eldm and h1000

Sako300

WKR
I was looking for a good starting point for my 300 rum and 225eldm! I have H1000 to use and not looking for record velocities. Something close to 2900? How far off lands? Thankyou guys!
Daniel

JBiggs

Lil-Rokslider
Are you magazine loading it for hunting or single shooting it? I cant remember off hand but I think my 700 magazine can run a COAL of 3.648, and as far as powder with h1000 I think they recommend a max of like 88-89 with 220s, but dont quote me on those numbers. Like every time you are developing a load start low and build up.

Last edited:
OP
S

Sako300

WKR
Thankyou! I will be single feeding! I noticed in magnum calibers, i get dented ballistic tips and dented copper Berger bullet tips with the shot recoil and the ammunition left in my magazines. For accuracy purposes, I just prefer single feeding.

Aaron Warpony

Lil-Rokslider
I'm shooting reloader 25 and 190 gr bergers out of mine. 3100 fps if i remember right. I don't remember my exact measurement off the lands without my notes, but I loaded 5 different measurements and then shot to see which one my gun liked best. For hunting, you can have the round in the barrel be the "accuracy" long round that wont fit in the mag, then take that same load and just push the bullets down until they fit in the mag. I never carry my gun with only 1 shell in it for hunting