300 spine arrows - 9.0-9.5gpi?

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Here it is

Did you check out the thread in this forum of the Easton Hexx failing on an elk?

But didnt we determine as a forum that it wasnt an actual "arrow failure" or "shaft failure"

Millwood21

Lil-Rokslider
Well I’ve got like 18 of these things built out so I may be using them awhile. I mainly hunt whitetail but did elk hunt this year. No shots were made. I’m shooting the 260 spine. Maybe they are a little tougher than the 330.
Here it is

But didnt we determine as a forum that it wasnt an actual "arrow failure" or "shaft failure"

Rrush

FNG
The Sirius Apollo or the Victory RIP TKO's would both be great choices IMO. The Victories are just below his range, but their durability make up for that and he could manipulate his final desired weight with an assortment of different inserts. Before I tried the RIP TKO's I always figured I needed to be in that 11gpi range in a .204 arrow for the durability I want. But these are great shafts for durability, weight, and getting higher FOC if you're into that at all. I use 75gr brass HIT's on my Elite 250's just so they come in around the 500gr I want.
Seconding Victory- I started out on Easton and gave Black Eagle a try. Liked both. So far I am loving Victory RIPs. Also used 75gr. brass HITs and will be trying out some Ethics hardware in the near future.

MattB

WKR
Here it is

I had a friend who used Hexx and had one break from a scapula impact on an antelope. Not a shaft I would personally trust.