300 weatherby magnum suppressed

bmy0223

FNG
Looking at a 300 weatherby magnum in the markV accumark. Has anyone used a suppressor on this rifle? I have a thunder beast ultra 7 gen 2 on the way and want to make sure it will work. For those who use suppressors have you noticed a reduction in recoil?

Looking at a 300 weatherby magnum in the markV accumark. Has anyone used a suppressor on this rifle? I have a thunder beast ultra 7 gen 2 on the way and want to make sure it will work. For those who use suppressors have you noticed a reduction in recoil?
I don't have that rifle but I did take a look out of curiosity. The 300 WBY chambering of that rifle model (I think) comes with a 5/8-24 thread pitch which should work fine for your suppressor. The barrel length is also 26" so it'll be kind of long with the suppressor on it but it's certainly above the minimum barrel length recommended by TBAC for that suppressor/cartridge. The suppressor should suppress it just fine and since recoil reduction is tied to sound reduction, it'll also reduce recoil a bit. Not as much as a muzzle brake as far as net recoil reduction but suppressors reduce recoil a bit and also serve to lengthen the recoil impulse so it's more of a shove than a kick. Plus they remove the concussion of the muzzle blast.