300 Win Mag Brass

INgunner54

Lil-Rokslider
What brass are you guys having good luck with for 300 win mag, and where are you getting it? I recently got a used Tikka and would like to find a accurate load so I need some brass. Thanks.

I prefer Nosler or Norma just because they seem to last through the most reloads. I’ve heard good things about adg brass and will be trying some out this next month. Little tough right now because all 3 are out of stock everywhere. Weird because 300 win mag is so popular. I called Nosler and they don’t have it on there schedule to make more anytime soon.

hwy1strat

WKR
I bought 100 rounds of the new Berger ammo to test the 215's in my rifle. That all comes loaded in Norma brass so that's what I have been using

Pro953

WKR
What bullets are you planning on shooting? I cannot speak to great brass as I use the cheap Hornady stuff, though it has held up well for me. Just more sorting and case prep required.

I have had good luck with Ramshot Magnum and Barnes 175 LRX. Remember the tikka has a slow twist and short mag so long bullets will end up with compressed loads with Magnum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wyo

Lil-Rokslider
Gunwerks is making 300WM brass now, I have not loaded any yet but bought 200 pieces for a new rifle that I plan to try. So far, looks to be solid quality with no obvious culls.

Last edited:
OP
I

INgunner54

Lil-Rokslider
What bullets are you planning on shooting? I cannot speak to great brass as I use the cheap Hornady stuff, though it has held up well for me. Just more sorting and case prep required.

I have had good luck with Ramshot Magnum and Barnes 175 LRX. Remember the tikka has a slow twist and short mag so long bullets will end up with compressed loads with Magnum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll be trying 180 gr accubonds first since I have plenty on hand.

mmac

WKR
I have 3 , 300 win mags. I love the 200 gr accubond and have not tried the ABLR for the 300 yet. I use Nosler brass as well. It comes prepped better than the others which saves time for me and lasts longer. Each rifle likes something different, but 79gr H1000 for those 180 AB is a great load. Fast and very accurate in 2 of mine.

I have a 300 WM with custom 26 inch long Lilja barrel. Use Norma brass as its very consistent, and readily available. My hunting load is 200 grain Accubonds with 76.3 grains H1000 at about 2995 fps and 10 sd. Very accurate and get great penetration on large game.

I have always used Hornady or Winchester for my Winmags with Hornady being the majority.

It is cheap, easy to get, easy to work in dies, and shoots great. Granted you'll get a messed up piece here and there but I normally have a box of factory ammo laying around to replace those.

Also knowing that I tend to push my WM on the hotter side, I'm not as worried about toasting the brass in a couple firings or losing a piece here and there while shooting/hunting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Gunwerks is making 300WM brass now, I have not loaded any yet but bought 150 pieces for a new rifle that I plan to try. So far, looks to be solid quality with no obvious culls.
Have you got a chance to try this brass out yet? I'm really curious how you like it as I'm looking to order some myself

wyo

Lil-Rokslider
Have you got a chance to try this brass out yet? I'm really curious how you like it as I'm looking to order some myself
Not yet, still waiting to get the new shooting iron from HCA. I'm guessing it will be May/June before I get to do any load development.

PredatorX

WKR
Have you seen the review on panhandle precision for these gunwerks 300win brass? Tons of data in the review. They reloaded a piece of their brass 20 times. Seems solid.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Have you seen the review on panhandle precision for these gunwerks 300win brass? Tons of data in the review. They reloaded a piece of their brass 20 times. Seems solid.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I haven't but I will check it out! I always enjoy what Sam has to add to the reloading topic, Sam is just super easy to relate to and he makes everything super easy to understand. Thanks PredatorX

mvrk28

WKR
Rumor is that ADG is making the Gunwerks brass, I've got some ADG for 6.5 CM and it is top notch stuff. If I build a 300 wm I will be running ADG for sure.

carter33

WKR
Gunwerks is making 300WM brass now, I have not loaded any yet but bought 200 pieces for a new rifle that I plan to try. So far, looks to be solid quality with no obvious culls.

I also bought some Gunwerks brass after having trouble finding my typical nosler. I have 20 rounds loaded up with 76.6 grains of H1000 and Berger 210 VLD hunters. Will be heading to the range Wednesday. It certainly looks quality. I believe case capacity might be just a tad less than the nosler probably due to it being thicker brass.

excaliber

WKR
I like the Winchester brass for my 300 Win Mag. It's one of the most affordable brass. It does take some prep but I don't mind doing it. I'm going on several reloadings with them and they are still going strong.

FishfinderAK

Lil-Rokslider
Any more experience w the gunwerks brass. I’m I’m in the market for new 300 WM brass and can’t decide which to go with.
Surprisingly I’m on my 5th firing w the factory Barnes brass, w no pressure signs.
I’m new to handloading, but that seems like a lot right?

carter33

WKR
I have shot some loaded gunwerks brass now and everything performed as expected. I didn’t have to do much case prep before the first load. I did not measure it but I believe the capacity of the gunwerks brass is just slightly less than that of nosler brass. Here soon I will clean, resize and prep the brass for a second firing which should be more telling of the quality.