300 win mag help!! Fury, Ridgeline, seekins

Zeke0496

FNG
So I’m deciding on getting a new rifle and was wondering what your guy’s thoughts on the fierce fury. I have a sportsman warehouse by me and it has a sale on it for 1600. I have been doing a lot of research on it and can’t see where I can go wrong. I was just wondering if you guys have any experience with the company. Another one I have been looking at is the CA Ridgeline because of the carbon barrel. I have read a lot of negative comments but I have also read a lot of praise as well. Has it changed in the past couple years though? I’m also for any suggestions. Hope you all are having a good Memorial Day weekend!

I have a fury in 300 WM and I love it. I’ve got friends and a brother that own the Christensen ridglines and mesas and the Fierce is a nicer rifle in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Z

Zeke0496

FNG
I have a fury in 300 WM and I love it. I’ve got friends and a brother that own the Christensen ridglines and mesas and the Fierce is a nicer rifle in my opinion.

Yeah I really liked the action on the fury. I just wanted some information on it since it’s a newer company for rifles.

If you have any questions about the Fury let me know.

7lbs 2 oz Bare rifle

I really like the stock shape, good palm swell and grip, nice trigger, super smooth action, short bolt throw, 3 position safety, very nice 5 round magazine in the 300 WM.

The brake is a pretty standard radial brake, could do better but it works. The paint on the stock seems fragile and I had a few chips in it after my first few days afield with it, but I don’t really care about that kind of thing.

Mine shoots clovers with factory ammo.

Nooby

FNG
Hi all, I’ve been reading this site for a couple years but never posted. Great info on this forum.

I am very new to hunting so take this for what it is worth.

I spent about a year trying to decide between the Fury and the Ridgeline. I grew up target shooting but I am very new to hunting and LR precision shooting, so I leaned heavily on advice from friends that shoot long range competitions, and I read and watched every review on both rifles that I couple find. Being from Southern CA, I don’t know anyone that hunts, so I relied heavily on this forum as well.

This is my first hunting rifle and the goals were to:
1. Acquire a quality all around hunting rifle that was capable for any US hunt I may do down the road. In other words, a rifle I could grow into (buy once, cry once)
2. Acquire a rifle precise enough that I could practice LR shooting out to 1k+ with my comp shooter buddies on the weekends

In the end, I went with the CA Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC based on advice from my friends that I would appreciate the flexibility of having a Rem 700 style action. I was also able to get it in my area, whereas the Fury was harder to find around here. I admit was more in love with the Fierce than the CA, but the Ridgeline has been impressive.

I have about 120 rounds through it so far. It shot sub 1/2” groups from day one with my rookie hands. My comp shooter friends have tried it and it mostly groups about 1/4“-1/2” for them. We have stretched it out to 880 yards on 1 MOA steel targets and the only time it seems to miss is when I mess up my trigger pull.

I am impressed by it, but I am a newb, so I am more impressed that my comp shooter buddies are impressed with it. One of them is in the process of building a copy of mine as he liked it so much.

I literally just got back from my first hunt two days ago and had success with my first kill.

After my first real world use of it, I would not have minded a box mag and a lighter bolt cycle as we were hunting wild pigs that were running at +-200 yards. Not sure how handy those things would be for deer or elk yet. But no complaints with the Ridgeline at all. I love it.

I am little jealous that you found the Fury for $1600 and now I am tempted to buy another rifle that I don’t technically need after hearing about that deal.

Sorry for the long response, I just remember how much I agonized over the decision between these two rifles and thought I would share. Hope at least some of it is useful.

I got the fury in a 6.5. I am a fan of the sako action. I can say mine shoots holes over holes. The only downside is the cost for extra mags from the company and they recommend their own talley bases. I am sure someone has made some to fit their specs but 2 years ago it wasn’t the case so the end cost of was a bit more unexpected expense. But overall... love the rifle, drives tacs, light weight, great action and I would pick it over almost any production rifle option out there right now. Here are some pics of my setup. And after barrel break in. The pink targets are 100 yards final barrel break in shots with different ammo. White is 450 yards with a 10mph cross wind. And I am far from a good shooter. Groups have gotten better each time at the range since these shots.

1590444334549.jpeg

1590444483632.jpeg

1590444507138.jpeg

1590444557342.jpeg

OP
Z

Zeke0496

FNG
Thank you everyone for the input I am going to go with the fury.

264win

WKR
Adding my .02 for anyone else Making the same choice.
Both are good rifles, and will likely serve you well. That said, the fierce has more to offer. If they are similar in price, I would choose the fury any day and twice on Sunday. ( I own two fierce rifles and they are both good shooters)

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Ridgeline has our vote! Christensen rifles are usually incredibly accurate out of the box. It's hard to beat a lightweight rifle that's accurate and manages recoil well!

goosedog

FNG
Ridgeline, after reading all the reports on these rifles and wanting to build a custom rifle in 300wm mag I decided to see what I could do with a factory ridgeline instead for alot less, I ordered a mcmillan game hunter stock did some simple mods to make it fit beded just the recoil lug and shooting factory Bereger 215 hybrids well to say the least I am very happy with the results shots #10-15 during break in of rifle, clean bore is in red rest of group is last 4 shot, having 100 rounds thru the gun now this has been the norm, gun is 9lbs with a NIGHTFORCE NXS and hawking hybrid rings check euro optic best deal I have seen on ridglines

Attachments

• 0512201834.jpg
    0512201834.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 19
Of your 3, I like the design and features best of havak and it has the best stock of the bunch but I don't trust the 300wm models to be very accurate after having a couple samples. Ridgeline is a nice barreled action in a crappy stock. My pick of the 3 would probably be a fury.