300 WSM AICS mags.

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Unfortunately.. they really are non-existent. Never seen any plastic WSM/SAUM magazines but maybe there is something. You do have the aluminum machined curtis magazines that are 3.5 OZ so saves you 6 OZ over the Accurate magazines. But they are also $130.00 https://www.curtiscustom.com/product/magazines/

Accurate magazines was supposed to release their magazines in Aluminum but nothing has happened. If you find any AICS style plastic WSM magazines post it here as there are a lot people who would want them if they work.

OP
Alaskanopolis
The RCM.

Attachments

• 0A70CD74-C3D3-4EAD-B0EE-A6C4F1F1C4A8.jpeg
    0A70CD74-C3D3-4EAD-B0EE-A6C4F1F1C4A8.jpeg
    438.8 KB · Views: 103
  • Love
Reactions: XLR

tonechaser88

Lil-Rokslider
Was about to post on this . I wonder what kind of group buy it would take to push the issue with a polymer aics mag producer

OP
Alaskanopolis
Unfortunately.. they really are non-existent. Never seen any plastic WSM/SAUM magazines but maybe there is something. You do have the aluminum machined curtis magazines that are 3.5 OZ so saves you 6 OZ over the Accurate magazines. But they are also $130.00 https://www.curtiscustom.com/product/magazines/

Accurate magazines was supposed to release their magazines in Aluminum but nothing has happened. If you find any AICS style plastic WSM magazines post it here as there are a lot people who would want them if they work.
The Curtis mags didn't work in my rifle and I haven't been able to get a hold of them to try and fix them or return them.

BBob

WKR
The Curtis mags didn't work in my rifle and I haven't been able to get a hold of them to try and fix them or return them.
Luckily my Curtis functions (w/SAUM & PRC) fine in APA bottom metal. I never ever got a response to any question I ever asked them.

Hawkins has their version now:

OP
Alaskanopolis
Luckily my Curtis functions (w/SAUM & PRC) fine in APA bottom metal. I never ever got a response to any question I ever asked them.

You'd think that if your PRC worked my RCM should work since they're the same case.

ChrisAU

WKR

The Hawkins mag only works with flush fit bottom metal. I have their Hunter DBM and that Hunter mag getting cerakoted right one for a build, very excited about having 3 round mag without a giant mag hanging down, but also the option of using a 7 round Accurate Mag if I wanted to.

OP
Alaskanopolis

You'd think that if your PRC worked my RCM should work since they're the same case.

BBob

WKR
What bottom metal are you using? Mby it's a height issue. I'm using the Curtis short mag magazine with APA and a Curtis 308 version in APA and on a Magpul with no issues. For both I'm using Accurate AICS style for the second backup mag in my pack belt pouch. Have you tried an AICS mag to see if it feeds?

OP
Alaskanopolis
The Hawkins mag only works with flush fit bottom metal. I have their Hunter DBM and that Hunter mag getting cerakoted right one for a build, very excited about having 3 round mag without a giant mag hanging down, but also the option of using a 7 round Accurate Mag if I wanted to.
What bottom metal are you using? Mby it's a height issue. I'm using the Curtis short mag magazine with APA and a Curtis 308 version in APA and on a Magpul with no issues. For both I'm using Accurate AICS style for the second backup mag in my pack belt pouch. Have you tried an AICS mag to see if it feeds?
It’s in an XLR chassis, so its built in. They were recommended by XLR but apparently they don’t work.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Can someone definitively confirm that the Hawkins will not fit in an xlr chassis? Understand Hawkins website doesn’t list it as an option, but “hoping” maybe it would.

would be a great way to shave 3oz.

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Good afternoon, The Hawkins magazine is not AICS compatible, and is made specifically for their Hunter M5 DBM bottom metal. As nice as it would be to shave off those ounces, it is not going to work. Hopefully, someone comes out with a lighter magazine in the future for people who want to get that last little bit of weight off of a rifle.