300 wsm ?

wk93

Lil-Rokslider
I tried it in my 300WM. You can really feel a difference, or at least I could anyways. You can feel it shoot a lot hotter.

I know a lot of reloaders like RL-17 in the short magnums. It was developed specifically for that use.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I have used the superformance and R-17 behind a 168 Berger for my son. I will post up the loads and speeds when I get home tonight.

tstowater

WKR
I've been using 4831SC with 180 Partitions. I have some Superperformance that I am going to try, but just haven't got there yet.

OP
TwoTikkas

TwoTikkas

WKR
I have used the superformance and R-17 behind a 168 Berger for my son. I will post up the loads and speeds when I get home tonight.
That would be great! I'd love to see them. I just came by a Tikka T3 (big surprise) in 300 WSM. I'd like to try some Superformance and some 165 or 180gr bullets in her.

tstowater

WKR
That would be great! I'd love to see them. I just came by a Tikka T3 (big surprise) in 300 WSM. I'd like to try some Superformance and some 165 or 180gr bullets in her.

I've got a Tikka T3 NIB that I won that needs to find a new home most likely as I have a Model 70 that I shoot. Not quite sure why I haven't gotten rid of it yet unless I figure one of the kids will use it. Betting that my son will stick with the 270WSM in a Tikka that he won a couple years ago at a RMEF banquet. I had it won on a HI-Lo card game and let him play the rest of the chances that I had left and he kicked my butt. He was 12 at the time. He has won his own 22, the 270WSM and a shotgun. Helps defray the costs a little.

Isn't the Superperformance the powder that Hornaday uses in their loads for higher velocity and lower recoil???