$3000-6000 for a custom rifle, what would you pick?

Big Ern

WKR
Jon Beanland Custom.

Titanium action or defiance anti action
Proof cf barrel
Manners carbon eh1 (w/o mini chassis)
TT diamond pro trigger
Rest of the stuff personal preference.

it would be a lightweight laser.

Afhunter1

WKR
I had Whaley Precision build mine

Lone Peak ti Razor
24” proof sendaro lite 300 win mag
Manners eh-1
Trigger Tech special
Slayer brake
Hawkins rings and BDL
Wyatt’s mag box and follower
nxs 5-22x50

built for the 215 berger @ 3100 ish

I was gonna build a RUM but I wanted a cartridge that I could find in any ammo store all over the country.

Last edited:

300 win mag

Lil-Rokslider
several good smiths recommended.there are others as well.3 to 6 thousand is a big difference.do your research.i know many of them and it all depends on components and extras.

300 win mag

Lil-Rokslider
interested if if you have come to a conclusion on what you want in your build.any updates

OutdoorAg

WKR
$650 Tikka and spend the rest on a hunt. You’ll remember the hunt way longer than the rifle.

View attachment 261651I just ordered this 300 Norma from Mike at Hells Canyon Armory. I had him build a .28 nosler and was so impressed with the build quality AND PRICE, I ordered the same gun in 300 Norma. Bare rifle weighs 7lbs. I packed it to 5 different states and killed a pile of animals with it this year and can’t think of a better lightweight, long range hunting rifle design. It’s perfect IMO. Here’s my .28 nosler. The new gun will be identical except it have a bronze/carbon stock and bronze Cerakote.View attachment 261657
Nice muley and rifle. What scope is that?

huntnful

WKR
Thanks! How has it been performing? Any tracking issues?
I didn't personally have any issues with mine. I've had enough fail around me by close family and friends that I decided to move on from leupold unfortunately. Never personally had an issue though. I've since gone to Nightforce, Trijicon Tenmile, March and ZCO.

BarCO

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I had one done at the lower range of your cost range. 6.5 PRC, lone peak razor ti, carbon proof light , diamond trigger, Hawkins bottom, AG privateer stock. Very happy with It. Switching the SHV for NXS. It was done by Black Canyon in Denver.

Attachments

• 5B0AAD6C-F5E8-41A1-B237-D3C137251CF0.jpeg
    5B0AAD6C-F5E8-41A1-B237-D3C137251CF0.jpeg
    470.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
I didn't personally have any issues with mine. I've had enough fail around me by close family and friends that I decided to move on from leupold unfortunately. Never personally had an issue though. I've since gone to Nightforce, Trijicon Tenmile, March and ZCO.
Thanks, appreciate the insight!

BarCO

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
3k-6k ??

A factory offering.
Solid scope.
Pile of factory ammo.
Reloading set up and components.

Alpha glass for my hunt.
All perspective, I used EL, SLC, and finally realized zeiss conquest were better to me. So I had quite a bit extra $$$ to get exactly what I wanted.