300wsm Options

Hi everyone,

New to the forum. Im in the market for a new 300wsm and am looking for some recommendations. The rifle will be used for big game hunting (Deer, Elk, Moose). Preference would be synthetic stock, 23-24" barrel, 6.5-8lbs, accurate out of the box. Rifle does not need to be ultra lightweight as I don't hunt a lot of mountains, mainly prairies/valleys. In saying that, I also don't want a super heavy barrel or long range designated style rifle as I do a fair bit of walking. Give me some ideas as to what you would recommend taking a look at. Thanks in advance!

Tikka T3x Lite or Superlite checks all the boxes here. I love mine, shoots 1/2 moa with premium factory ammo. Buttery smooth action and sweet trigger too.

tdhanses

WKR
You could always rebarrel and put a better stock on a Tikka, you’ll still be close to the $2k mark.

The Winchester m70 is a nice platform for wsm, they have more mag space than any of the other short actions that I know of. A lot of the little things don’t matter if you shoot factory ammo. Tikka or Sako would be nice options if you are shooting factory ammo.

LightFoot

WKR
+1 for the Browning Xbolt Pro.

I am happy with mine.

For $2K, there are some other GREAT options from Christensen Arms, Fierce, Seekins, and many others.

>>>----JAKE----->

I picked up The X-bolt Pro in 300wsm earlier this year. Love it!!!
Hitting a paper plate at 600yds, got an Elk already with it, and soon to be in the woods for whitetail.

Cdpp880

WKR
I have a Christensen ridgline in 300wsm and love it. It is a lot of gun for the price. Great trigger, great barrel, good stock. Shoots just above .5moa.
a buddy of mine has a browning x bolt in the heels canyon rifle and it is nice also.

Wapiti1

WKR
I'm with Wind Gypsy on the Wnchester M70. The new ones are nice.

Otherwise, I'd look at Tikka, Sako, Steyr, and Fierce.

Jeremy

With that price range I’d look at one of the Tikka’s and spend the remainder on quality glass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbeavers1

FNG
I have a Sako 85 Finnlight in 300 WSM. Trigger is excellent, decent accuracy, and the weight is right in your range. It has one of the smoothest actions I have on any of my rifles, regardless of price.

Kenai_dtracker

Lil-Rokslider
I bought the Browning A-Bolt hunter 300WSM 16 years ago, and love the rifle and how it shoots. Big fan of external mags too. Paid $500 at the time, and you still see some new A-bolt III in synthetic floating around for sale.

HookUp

WKR
I run a 300WSM Xbolt hells canyon and I am 2/2 on elk the two years I have owned it. For the price point its a great gun.