WTS .308 Savage barrel - stainless 20" featherweight from LW Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Pulling a 20" .308 stainless barrel off the Lightweight Storm I just bought for a project. The replacement barrel is on it's way so this one is up for grabs. I've shot about 20 rounds through it just to see if it is as accurate as the last two Lightweight Storm rifles I've owned, and it is. Every LWS rifle I've owned so far has been a shooter. With this barrel, it took 2 rounds to zero and the next three (Magtech M80 ball ammo) cloverleafed at 100.

I'll post pics once I pull it this evening, but it's less than a week old.

I'll start at $240 shipped.

If you have a Savage and want to drop weight, this is the easiest way to do it. These barrels weigh less than 2 lbs. I'll throw in the smooth barrel nut, although it will have some marks on it from removal. I don't mess with smooth nuts anymore. They get the pipe wrench treatment to save me time. :D

Attachments

• IMG_0936.JPG
    IMG_0936.JPG
    426.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0937.JPG
    IMG_0937.JPG
    658.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Do you happen to know if this will screw on to a savage axis? I have an extra axis in 243 although it’s blue I don’t need a 2nd 243 so thought this may be a cheap option.

or just sell the 243 and buy a 308

• Banned
OP
Newtosavage
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Sorry. Just now saw your reply. The barrel has SOLD as of yesterday.

To answer your question, yes it would have worked on a Savage Axis for future reference. Both the 110's and Axis use small shank Savage barrels. I've actually pulled/bought a number of Axis barrels and installed them on 110's over the years. Same quality as the 110 barrels, so nothing to be afraid of.

Status
Not open for further replies.