32” draw length suggestions

Wyattblu48

Lil-Rokslider
Alright guys, I’ve been using a 31” draw bow for 2 years now and now that I have the money I’m gonna buy a bow long enough for me. So far I’ve seen the pse evo 35, Mathews atlas, and bow tech bt mag x. Are there any other good brands? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OR Archer

WKR
Hoyt Rx5 Ultra. If you can find one a Hoyt Axius Ultra, Hoyt RX4 Ultra, or Mathews Traverse are also great options. Might be able to find those new at a discounted price.

Not a whole lot out there for ya. A few others APA Black Mamba 35, Obsession Final Pro 4T, Prime Black 9.

Last edited:
I have a 32” draw length and I’m a lefty so my choices were narrow. It came down to a Hoyt Axius Ultra or Prime Black 9. I went with the Axius Ultra and have been shooting it for 6 months now and I’ve been very pleased if that means anything to you.

The axel to axel length on it relative to my 6’7’’ height makes the thing look like a little cherub’s bow on Valentine’s Day. But with the speed and uncut arrows guys like us have to shoot, it’ll break that elk’s heart with 92 ft/lbs + of force!

MountainZ

FNG
The XXL is a great choice. If you don't mind the shorter ATA, any of the Ultra bows from Hoyt for the last few years will work for you. They are great bows. I also think the new Atlas from Mathews is really nice. All of this input is relative to 31" DL, so take it for what it's worth.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'd try to stick to the longer ATA bows. I have an almost 33" draw and shoot a 38" bow (PSE Freak) and I have a really high anchor.........just to get the string to my nose. If I anchor normally, I have to tilt my head so far to touch the string that it throws everything out of alignment.

The NXT35 is a really great rig, and even it's predecessor the Evoke 35...I've had both. Based on my own numbers I've collected, the Evoke was a bit faster than the NXT...but the NXT drew a little smoother and felt a tad more stable with a slightly straighter riser.

I used the "tape on the wall" method of calculating my draw length and purchased my first bow and had it set up for 32.5" DL. I decided to up my equipment last year and get custom fitted for a Mathews Traverse. Came to find out my actual draw length was 31.5".

Anyways, mathews traverse has been great for me, and would assume it's 2021 counterpart Atlas would be as good or better.

Last edited:
OP
Wyattblu48

Wyattblu48

Lil-Rokslider
Hey thanks guys, I went ahead and bought a pse ntn 33 which normally only goes to 31.5” but they guy at the shop shortened the cables and got 32.25 out of it! It’s shooting a 550 grain arrow at 286 fps at only 76 pounds! This bow is going to break some bones