329 PD problem

Jdw901

FNG
Anyone have an issue with a 329 PD cylinder locking up in freezing cold weather? I shot an elk last season in Grizz country in a snow storm and carried my 329 PD (and my rifle) on my pack out trips. After one trip, I checked the pistol, and the cylinder was frozen stuck and wouldn’t rotate, making the gun inoperable. I think the issue was that I had the gun on my hip, snow was falling, warmed up next to my body or something, and then froze when it was on the cylinder. Wondering if I need a holster with a flap or if anyone has other ideas.

I had issues with the 329 cylinder locking up shooting moderate loads in it. Never had it lock up due to freezing. I got rid of the pistol after that.

czyolman

FNG
Sounds like some pretty bad weather & you're likely correct on how it froze up. And nothing really related to the brand or model.

A flap holster could help in a condition like that, or possibly one of the, getting very popular, chest holsters.

I call my 329 bad names at times, but it can be handy & sure carries easy.

dla

WKR
I'm going to guess that the lube is what froze. The trigger doesn't have much leverage turning the cylinder - doesn't take much to bind it.

I carry mine in a top flap nylon holster from a company called AMS out in Colorado - about $25.
holster_closed.JPG