329pd ammo

Rubbin_Is_Racin

Lil-Rokslider
What ammo is everyone finding works best with these guns. Specifically, what's the most potent load you can shoot 5 rounds and have the 6th not jumping the crimp? I dont reload so I'm talking factory ammo.

That buffalo bore 255 grain keith was super accurate in mine but I did notice a very slight crimp jump every now and then on the last round or 2.

hodgeman

WKR
I've settled on plain Jane 240gr JSP loads in mine. I've tried several of the heavier loads like Buffalo Bore and Alaska Backpacker...too much of a good thing for such a light revolver to me.

The "standard" 44 mag ammo is far easier to shoot and still relatively potent.

OP
R

Rubbin_Is_Racin

Lil-Rokslider
I have some American Eagle 240 JHP but that stuff jumped the crimp a little as well. Are there any factory loads that's have a particularly heavy crimp?

hodgeman

WKR
I have some American Eagle 240 JHP but that stuff jumped the crimp a little as well. Are there any factory loads that's have a particularly heavy crimp?

I've shot Remington, Hornady and some Fiiochi without any issues but the majority of what I shoot is hand loads. I use a fairly aggressive roll crip into a cannelure.

OP
R

Rubbin_Is_Racin

Lil-Rokslider
I may just buy a box of each type and see what works. Those 255 grain Keith buffalo bore rounds were really great and the amount of crimp jump was barely noticeable so I may keep that one as a heavy load.