338 lapua build

Blackstorm

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking at a new long range western gun, I am thinking that I want a 338 Lapua with a carbon barrel, I'm just not sure whose set up I should go with. I want a synthetic stock and a muzzle break to tame recoil. Weight is important, but accuracy is paramount, I can reload or use rounds specified by gun maker.
I think I have the scopes down to the Zeiss V6, Night force NXS or NX8, or possibly the Maven RS3. I have not decided on a reticle yet, but I want something that will work on a magnum chambered gun.
I will use the gun on my Elk hunts that range out to 500 + yards shots, Moose could be over 500 yards if we shoot over water but more likely 300 - 400 yards. Possibly Africa in the future.
I'm not paying for this, but it is compensation for work I do for my partner so I'm not going crazy, but I want a real good gun

JakeSCH

WKR
338 Lapua is beyond what you need, that said I have a very similar build in 338 RUM.

Here is my rifle - https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/custom-338-rum-ti-action-carbon-barrel.220186/

It shoots 1/4 MOA all day, easy to shoot, and has proved to be a killer this year. Bare, it weights 7 lb 6 oz which feels like a good weight for this caliber.

I've run a Maven RS.5 on it for nearly 200 rounds this year, still going strong.

I am looking at a new long range western gun, I am thinking that I want a 338 Lapua with a carbon barrel, I'm just not sure whose set up I should go with. I want a synthetic stock and a muzzle break to tame recoil. Weight is important, but accuracy is paramount, I can reload or use rounds specified by gun maker.
I think I have the scopes down to the Zeiss V6, Night force NXS or NX8, or possibly the Maven RS3. I have not decided on a reticle yet, but I want something that will work on a magnum chambered gun.
I will use the gun on my Elk hunts that range out to 500 + yards shots, Moose could be over 500 yards if we shoot over water but more likely 300 - 400 yards. Possibly Africa in the future.
I'm not paying for this, but it is compensation for work I do for my partner so I'm not going crazy, but I want a real good gun

I have a Christensen arms BA Tactical 338 Lapua mag. Its great gun, Taken lots of elk with it. It’s pictured with a Burris XTR ii but have since traded that out for a night force NX8. Running the 300grain OTM Bergers out of it
eccb4c1a4ec855e95db0fb050f3ad99f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk