34mm rings for Tikka

sdupontjr

WKR
Getting a new scope for my Tikka T3. What do you guys recommend for 34mm tube? I have a warne rail on mine so can go either straight to action, or rings for the rail.

What's your budget? Personally I would go with Badger rings, or a uni mount. Geissele makes a great uni mount as well. A step below that would be Nightforce or Seekins. Budget option I would go with Leupold.

khuber84

WKR
The new zeiss bubble rings are made by tier one, fantastic stuff. Badger has been a staple for many years. The nightforce ultralite rings are very nice. Hawkins offers 34mm picatinny rings, as well as hybrids, which are a 25moa direct mount ring. On 3 different tikkas I'm using the area419 rail(has recoil lug) and Hawkins or ARC rings. On another I'm using the hybrids.

HawkinsPrecision

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
We like those Hawkins Rings! The Ultra Light Tactical line give you a little more mounting flexibility on a pic rail. The Long Range Hybrids are great for a super lightweight set-up. If you have any questions, please let us know.

OP
S

sdupontjr

WKR
well I had a budget but that went out the window when i am about to pick up a 4-16x56 schmidt bender polar. So i guess whatever would be best.

OP
S

sdupontjr

WKR
We like those Hawkins Rings! The Ultra Light Tactical line give you a little more mounting flexibility on a pic rail. The Long Range Hybrids are great for a super lightweight set-up. If you have any questions, please let us know.

So the scope is a 4-16x56 SB T96 Polar. Do the hawkins rings mount to the tikka rail or the picatinney rail? And how high of rings would I need to clear the 56mm objective

HawkinsPrecision

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
So the scope is a 4-16x56 SB T96 Polar. Do the hawkins rings mount to the tikka rail or the picatinney rail? And how high of rings would I need to clear the 56mm objective

For the Long Range Hybrids that mount directly to the action, I'd run the highs with a 56mm Objective. If you're running a Pic rail you'd be fine with Medium Ultra Light Tacticals (1" height) on most barrel contours under a Heavy Varmint. If it's a lighter hunter contour, 1" medium are the way to go.

khuber84

WKR
Tikkas have a very low sight height to bore alignment compared to a remington clone action. Chances are you'll need one step higher on the rings. With my area419 pic rail, 56mm obj scope usually requires 1.1" height with a heavy contour barrel. In a sporter barrel, 1" would work.

I’ve been having great success with the Hawkins direct mount rings. My scope is a ATACR 4-16x42 and I got the lowest ones I could. So far they haven’t moved or broke (broke a set of Warne Mtn Tech one time)

50238a39570fd7260ff5af10686a6914.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krumfola

FNG
I’ve been having great success with the Hawkins direct mount rings. My scope is a ATACR 4-16x42 and I got the lowest ones I could. So far they haven’t moved or broke (broke a set of Warne Mtn Tech one time)

50238a39570fd7260ff5af10686a6914.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I realize this post is 2 years old but @JollyRoger were you able to sort out the issue of the bubble level not being level with the Hawkins rings?