WTB 350 Legend brass

bbassi

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Having a new rifle chambered and want to get started reloading for it. Can anyone spare 100 pieces? New or once fired is fine. Starline preferred but beggars can't be choosers.

Rich M

WKR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
https://x-reload.com/starline-brass-350-legend-unprimed-per-100.html

They seem to have some Starline Brass in stock.

Academy Sports and Bass Pro have had the Winchester 180 gr loads available at about $28/bx. Not too crazy. Good source for shooting and brass.

I've used Hornady & Winchester brass. Prefer Win - it is harder and takes small pistol primers. Hornady will only fit small rifle primers. Not sure about starline.

OP
bbassi

bbassi

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
https://x-reload.com/starline-brass-350-legend-unprimed-per-100.html

They seem to have some Starline Brass in stock.

Academy Sports and Bass Pro have had the Winchester 180 gr loads available at about $28/bx. Not too crazy. Good source for shooting and brass.

I've used Hornady & Winchester brass. Prefer Win - it is harder and takes small pistol primers. Hornady will only fit small rifle primers. Not sure about starline.
thanks, but;
We DO NOT ship to the United States. No exceptions.

WRM

WKR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Good luck. I just ordered some 480 Ruger brass from Starline today--it's backordered of course. We'll see if I get it before Joe leaves office.

Rich M

WKR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
thanks, but;
We DO NOT ship to the United States. No exceptions.
Sorry 'bout that. Just did the google thing and said o-wow those guys have stuff in stock! Spent another 10-15 minutes on there. Found a place in Queensland/Australia that has Starline brass in stock. Maybe they'll ship?

Looks like buying live ammo may be the best way to go right now to get into the game - Academy had 3 boxes of 180 gr Winchester for $27.99/each 2 days ago. Bass Pro had 12-15 boxes of same last time I was there.

fwiw bought some factory ammo (Win & Hornady) when bought the bolt rifle. Been recycling thru the same 60-80 brass (5+ reloads each so far without any stretch or even cleaning) trying diff stuff. Like the Win brass better than hornady. The hornady brass won't fit small pistol primers, is a bit softer, and produces lower velocities.

Best shooters so far are FTX 165 gr and Fury 158 gr bullets. Cutting holes at 100 and an inch or so at 225 yds (I measure outside to outside and not center to center). Best velocity so far was about 2450 +/- fps w Fury 158. FTX is shooting 2300-ish. Caldwell Chrono. Need to re-test.

170 gr Interlocks shoot good, just can't be expected to expand well at 200-250 yards - the Fury and FTX bullets will expand down to 800-1,000 fps. Makes it a 300 yd gun for deer, in my book.

Using CCI small pistol primers and Lil Gun powder.

Anyway - like you, I've got alerts on brass at midway and such - been waiting. Shot 2 deer with FTX bullets back in January. Like the gun & caliber.

Good luck to you.

Last thought - when I was doing the initial research, some guys were talking about making 350 Legend brass out of 223 brass. Not sure if this is a reasonable thing to try or not. Might be worth the search time?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Check your local walmart. We've had the winchester fmj loads for around $12 a box recently. Not sure how good the brass is for reloading compared to others, but its cheap compared to others. My brothers cheap ruger shoots the factory winchester 150gr extreme point sub moa so we haven't bothered loading for that.