357 Mag

alrick18

Lil-Rokslider
I saw the new Kifaru 357 pack, anyone get one yet? What are your views on this one?

Crschnei

FNG
Just ordered one! Thinking it will be the perfect pack for 1-3 day hunts. I have a truck camper and will use this pack to help extend out for deeper trips.

so i think i heard this was an internal frame pack? if so are they just reinventing the earlier Timberlines, Longhunters etc? I've talked to some guys who absolutely loved those packs. so they know how to build em.

Crschnei

FNG
I’m not sure about the other packs you mentioned but yes, the 357 is an internal frame.

Got one about 5 minutes after I saw it posted on Instagram.

Ranger Green with a Multicam Sherman Pocket, a few other goodies and a little swag. Really tough decision between Ranger Green and Coyote Brown.

Super excited, my first Kifaru!

I was initially looking at the 22 Mag and 44 Mag but wanted a little more than the 22 and a little less than the 44, keeping in mind expansion. I wanted a 1-3 nighter, that could push 4. I wanted something to carry around 40-50lbs that could handle around 80.

I’ll admit I’m somewhat hesitant about not going with an external frame, I do like the idea of sandwiching a load on the shelf. But if I’m being truly honest about my intentions, I don't think I really need it. I live in Maine and think this will be an outstanding Whitetail pack and rucker for the White Mountains.

Last edited:

Crschnei

FNG
You read my mind on the same reasons for picking mine up. I also got a grab it to carry quarters with it.

Block

WKR
I was initially looking at the 22 Mag and 44 Mag but wanted a little more than the 22 and a little less than the 44, keeping in mind expansion. I wanted a 1-3 nighter, that could push 4.

You were looking for the old 22mag.. shame they stopped Making it...

That 357 is a cool size., I really don’t care for the new way they’ve been sewing the straps into the bag on this and the 44,,,,

Last edited:
Definitely a sweet looking day pack or for a couple nights! I think I’ll order one of them in the near future. I wonder if this would work for a carry on bag while flying? Maybe a little big?

Logan80

Lil-Rokslider
I sure wish it wasn't an internal frame.

I think it would be absolutely awesome if Kifaru would make their current internal frame packs optionally externally framed. I'm sure they would sell a lot more packs if you could choose whether the frame was internal or the bag was made to fit an external frame. I'd like to buy a quarter panel and 357 mag combo for my frame. Wouldn't that be great?

pc3

WKR
So you have this and the Kuthroat (little bigger)......roughly the same size. What would make someone choose one over the other as a day pack.

I like the look of the 357. I own a 44 mag, great 2 bag combo would be a larger pack on a frame MaDuece/Fulcrum and either a 357 or Kuthroat for everything else.

This is my number one choice right now for my first pack... I'm just having a hard time ponying up the dough. I know, I know, I know... I've read a BUNCH of "just buy its"...

I’m definitely getting one of these, and I’m happy it’s internal frame. There’s a gap between assault packs and large full framed rucks where the 3 day pack size fits perfectly, 2500-3500 cu in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackhawk45hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered one within an hour of them becoming available on the site. I can’t wait to get mine. It’ll be used for public land whitetail, weekend backpacking trips, and for winter predator hunting.

Dobermann

WKR
I’m actually liking the looks of it to replace a 14r for prs. But I don’t need it.

Yeah, but you know you want it, @Lawnboi!

But seriously, how are you finding the 14r's centre zip for PRS?

I know we both recommended Kifaru packs over at the Hide, but I'm still not 100% convinced about the single center zip in that application - quicker to unzip, but a bit more fiddly to get to stuff ...

What are your thoughts?

Lawnboi

WKR
Yeah, but you know you want it, @Lawnboi!

But seriously, how are you finding the 14r's centre zip for PRS?

I know we both recommended Kifaru packs over at the Hide, but I'm still not 100% convinced about the single center zip in that application - quicker to unzip, but a bit more fiddly to get to stuff ...

What are your thoughts?

Really like the 14r suspension and gun bearer, but don’t care for the layout all that much for prs/range bag use. I think I’d greatly prefer the 357. Square ammo boxes, tripods, shooting bags all get pretty mixed up in the 14r. Not a lot of small pockets for mags and such either.

That said it’s fully serviceable. Iv got a lot of things I’d rather spend another 450$ on.

Athame

Lil-Rokslider
Kifaru site lists them as *sold out*

I wonder when they'll be back in stock......