3D Broadhead targets?

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for suggestions fro a good 3D target for broadheads. I have an 18-1 that I have been using for years and it still has a lot of like left. However I would like to get a 3D target for more realistic shooting.

My suggestion is to buy a solo target and put your 18-1 behind the kill zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Whitetaildown215

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
Billy goat, I do have it tuned and can but I would still like a 3D target to shoot broadheads into for me and for my kids to have something to visualize where to properly hit an animal. My oldest is 11 and has taken deer with a rifle and just starting to bow hunt and my youngest is 5 and asks where to shoot. So I thought a Broadhead 3D target would be good for the visualization if that makes sense.

Billy goat, I do have it tuned and can but I would still like a 3D target to shoot broadheads into for me and for my kids to have something to visualize where to properly hit an animal. My oldest is 11 and has taken deer with a rifle and just starting to bow hunt and my youngest is 5 and asks where to shoot. So I thought a Broadhead 3D target would be good for the visualization if that makes sense.

It makes sense, but why burn up a target with broadheads? I have two elk 3d targets. One is over 13 years old now. If you take care of them they will last. I think shooting a 3d target is great practice. Need to visualize where you actually want to hit in that animal, just I don't need to be doing my practice with broadheads. Even 20 years ago before I really learned to tune a bow and would change my sights for broadheads I still shot all summer with field points on 3d targets, then a little before season just sight in my broadheads on a broadhead target to save the foam on the 3d.

No target is going to hold up nearly as long with a broadhead constantly shot into it as a field point. The good ones might last longer than shooting fp's into cheap ones, but they would last a lot longer if you didn't put more bh's into them than necessary.

I have a broadhead target around that I routinely use to make sure I'm still putting the bh's where they need to be, but I don't shoot them much.

OP
Whitetaildown215

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
I guess I should rephrase this a bit. I’m looking for one that isn’t cheaply made. A buddy of mine bought a shooter buck last year and at camp set it up to test another buddy’s bow and broadheads as he drove from North Dakota to Missouri to hunt with us. They each shot 3 shots and it was fine. Then it was my turn. My first arrow blew straight through the damn thing. Come to find out my arrows weigh a bit more than theirs, 530 grains compared to 380 for the one from ND and my other buddy weighs just over 400 grains. So shot #7 on a new target went through it and that’s what I’m trying to avoid haha

87TT

WKR
If I shot broadheads at my 18-1 every day, It might last a week or two. I try to limit broadhead use as it is and still only can maybe make them last a year. I have a Rinehart mini elk that I have only shot with FP's and it might make it this year. Targets are expendable.

targetpanic

Lil-Rokslider
All of the Rinehart woodland series have the self healing (higher quality) signature foam in the replaceable core. They will hold up to broadheads much bette3r than a shooter buck target. Booner buck, jimmy big tine etc.

All of the Rinehart woodland series have the self healing (higher quality) signature foam in the replaceable core. They will hold up to broadheads much bette3r than a shooter buck target. Booner buck, jimmy big tine etc.

aren’t the woodland series the cheaper foam targets?

the rinehart competition series Are the better foam

Woodland are the cheaper of the rhineharts. Competition are the higher end.

I think they have the same foam in the core on both targets, a cheaper foam for the body on the woodland series. Either way the woodland has a different foam for the core than the rest of the body.

Firehawk

WKR
I have a woodland buck as well. Shot a lot of FP into it with no problems, but a broadhead makes a big clean hole in a hurry. I usually just verify with a few shots and then go back to FP on my Victory VAPs. Would love to get a Rhinehart Mini Elk next go around.

The vitals on my Woodland is significantly better quality foam. The rest of the deer foam wears out quickly. I just have to make sure I shoot it in the correct spots and then I don't have a problem. 😀