3d Shoot

For those of you that have done 3d shoots what is the closest target?

I'm new to bow and I'm setting up my tape.

Thanks

3' sometimes. Depends on what class you are shooting for a max yardage and what sanctions the shoot falls under. If it's a fun shoot it's hard to tell what it might be.

Beendare

WKR
Yeah, they will sometimes throw a real short one in there....but usually when set up for compounds the shortest is 16,18 yds. The guys at our range set them up out to 70 yds...but typically the longest is 55.

ZDR

WKR
At the recent Mtn Archery Fest 3D in Durango, the shortest was probably 5-6yds but were incredibly difficult shots due to placement or angle. One turkey shoot was probably 5 yds horizontally but the shot was from a rock face about 40 ft above. The 12 ring on the target was basically untouched and there were more that a few broken arrows around it. The longest shots were in the 80-100 yd range.

aachey

Lil-Rokslider
I'd say any bow from 2000's to present day, its safe to set your first pin at 20. I know some folk who have quite slow bows that will start at 10. But from my experience, 20 seems like a good standard, generally followed in 10 yard increments.

OP
Mule3006Elk
Excellent. Thanks for the feedback!

I set my top pin to 25, middle 35, bottom 45.
Top pin bull at 5 yards, 1.75 high 10 yards, 2" high at 15 yards, 1.5 high at 20 yards, bull at 25 yards.
Middle pin is 2" high at 30 yards bull at 35 yards.
Bottom pin bull at 45 yards and a few inches high at 40 yards (haven't verified but I suspect it will be 2-3" high).

Slider is my top and bottom pin.

I've been doing bow workouts and lots of pulls to bring my draw weight up to where it is (68.5 lbs). Only after I got the draw weight where I wanted it did I decide to fine tune the pins. Enjoying it much more now!!

I plan on shooting the current draw weight for the rest of the year and then bump up to 70 lbs after the first of the year. Bow's max is 71.5 lbs.