3D targets

Who’s tired of a shooting 3D target out in two months . I shoot everyday and I have shot some 3D tournaments but I’m seem too not have a target last longer then two months I’ve shot delta targets,and glendel . My question is our the rhinart targets better long term cause I’ve only shot them in tournaments.

The glendel really isn't very good. I have a mckenzie elk from 2007 that the legs got busted off of but it still works. I just made a bedded animal out of it. Got another probably 4 years ago, it's going strong, it had to have some work after a bear attack, but still working. The rhineharts are pretty good as well, however if you shoot broadheads or even many of the practice broadheads you can really cut down on the life expectancy. They are just for target points.

I like how the rhinehart has a core you can replace, most of the mckenzie is a whole center section now, they are pricey.

I also don't use a 3d target for everyday practice, they just aren't made for that.

I think you would have been better off getting a matrix with a solo target but I believe solo target is out of business. I have a 48x56'' layered foam target in my back yard, but it is stationary. I could have bought it and a matrix with the amount I've spent on 3D targets last year.

ziggy-73

FNG
my local 3d range has only rhinharts and the are always good. seam to last about 2 years before they replace the inserts. also if you are looking for a good target that isnt 3d but will last a long time, spyderweb targets are pretty nice

GLB

WKR
I try to buy Rinehart when I can find them up here. They last me about 2 years or so. I shoot a stickbow which may be easier on them but like to use broadheads on them more than I should.

OP
NutsForMuleys
Thank you all for your responses , I think I’m going to go back to shooting a block like target maybe try a matrix and see what happens . I think I shoot my 3ds just too much for them to last .

ziggy-73

FNG
Thank you all for your responses , I think I’m going to go back to shooting a block like target maybe try a matrix and see what happens . I think I shoot my 3ds just too much for them to last .
might be you best bet. i also heard that our club remolds there own inserts. its just something i heard that a guy likes to do. maybe look into that. it might be just a mold and some foam and it cheaper and easy to do? im not sure but might be a good option for you if you rather shoot 3d targets over a block

BucksNBulls

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot daily, and one to three times a week 1 or 2 of my buddies come over and shoot. I have Rhineharts, Delta Mckenzie, and Glendel 3D targets. I also have a 48" X 48" 5 insert 365 target, the SEVR Block target, a Block Target, Bull Dog target, and various other bag targets.

The 365 target is the best of all of them, The Rhinehart Signature/Competition series targets are the best of the 3D targets by far. The SEVR has been the best Block Style target. and the Bull Dog (field tips only) is the best indoor target for paper tuning and chrono etc. 2 finger pull out.

I must say also, the Glendal buck is a good target and replacing the core is cheap. Out of all my targets I'd say that one gets shot the most and after 2.5 years I've only replaced the core 1 time.