3DPArchery Squaring Device Review

lerman

FNG
Hey folks just wanted to make everyone aware of this product (I am unaffiliated).

Backstory my local shop cut some shafts for me and despite paying a premium for brick and mortar and specifically asking them to square the arrows (twice) the shafts came back with burrs and unsquared. Even asked them to resquare in person when I picked them up and they still came back rough. Guess I'm ordering them online from now on...

Anyways I needed a squaring device before I tune and fletch these shafts and couldn't get a g5 in time. Stumbled upon this maker on Etsy 3DPArchery. He offers a 3d printed squaring device, spinner, and spine roller for $25 with free shipping.

IMG_8748.jpg

The devices are printed PLA with steel bearings. Holes for wood screws are printed into the bases for mounting. Precision on this kind of stuff is .2mm so it's not the single most precise thing ever but considering how these things work its fine for me, any imprecision will be rendered null against the spinning sandpaper. The sandpaper side flexes slightly when shafts are spun against it.

IMG_8747.jpg

squared my ends nicely.
IMG_8749.jpgIMG_8750.jpg

Think this is a great alternative to spending $40 on the G5. Spinner and spine weight are similar quality, print precision issues may make the spinner's inaccuracies more of an issue but even if it was $25 for the squaring device alone I'm happy with it.