3Ds

Its that time!!! Who has their set-ups ready and what are you all running?? Open or Bowhunter?

What shoots is everyone hitting this year?

This year I will be running a 2012 Vector Turbo more likely than not with ACC arrows (so I can shoot field, target and 3D). I will be hitting the open class this year just not sure which stabilizer set-up to run. B Stinger or FUSE Blade?
I will have on CBE sights.

pronghorn

FNG
I have been working on mine a bit lately. I have transitioned from the 30x's that I shot for indoor 3D to Gold Tip Kinetics to better buck the wind. I will obviously give up line cutting, but it is just a little too windy in Colorado for the fat shafts, IMO. I am shooting my Matrix +, with Bee Stinger 30" front rod and a 15" back rod. I have shot the same CBE sights for years and don't see that changing. The housing is likely to change soon. I currently have the Spot Hogg housing, but really prefer the Viper housing.

OP
Evan Williams
Well Fergy!!!!

You and I will be running similar stab set ups. When the Turbo makes it I will be running a 30" Blade front and 12" side with a CBE sight and I will have the .010 Spot Hogg w/ 4X lens. Right now arrows in mind will be ACCs. Again, conceding the lines but when it blows!!! Plus with that set-up I can run and play with field and target and 3D.

Are you coming this way for the Triple Crown April 7?

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bowhunter for me. I use the same set-up for 3D as I do for hunting. Packing either my Omen Pro, Evo, or Revenge. All packing CBE sights, Vibracheck stabs, America's Best Bowstrings, and Phantom or prowler drop aways shooting Radial X Weave Pro's.

Bring on some foam!

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I shoot a ton of tournaments on the west coast, but I think our format on 3d's is different. Plenty of NFAA field rounds though. I shoot BHFS, 5 fixed pins, 12" stabilizer and release. I am shooting the Hoyt Alpha Elite, Easton X10 Pro Tours and am running Fuse BHFS Carbon Blades for front and back stabilizers.

Any Rok Slide people heading out to Redding in May for National Marked 3D or to shoot in the money events?

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am about 90% going. I may go back to Philadelphia in July for the NFAA National Field, but that trip is so close to Nevada hunting.

pronghorn

FNG
Well Fergy!!!!

You and I will be running similar stab set ups. When the Turbo makes it I will be running a 30" Blade front and 12" side with a CBE sight and I will have the .010 Spot Hogg w/ 4X lens. Right now arrows in mind will be ACCs. Again, conceding the lines but when it blows!!! Plus with that set-up I can run and play with field and target and 3D.

Are you coming this way for the Triple Crown April 7?

I am planning on it. Maybe we can get together and shoot some rubber deer.

OP
Evan Williams
HF,

Looking forward to it!!!! Love to get on the coarse with you. We really haven't gotten to since like 2009 at No Limits' indoor 3D!!!

As for Redding...I would LOVE to but with the little one I am going to be hard pressed to make it to Utah for one of the shoots out there at the ski resorts this summer.

J-Daddy

WKR
I wish I could make it back to Utah to shoot the Bowcast @ the Bird again but it ain't gonna happen this year...Oldest daughter is starting college this year to become a Dr so we've gotta lot of bills coming in this time with her highschool garduation stuff and then getting her moved and started in college.

pronghorn

FNG
HF,

Looking forward to it!!!! Love to get on the coarse with you. We really haven't gotten to since like 2009 at No Limits' indoor 3D!!!

As for Redding...I would LOVE to but with the little one I am going to be hard pressed to make it to Utah for one of the shoots out there at the ski resorts this summer.
Just so you know, we still had fun in spite of being stood up by Evan.;)

I shoot a ton of tournaments on the west coast, but I think our format on 3d's is different. Plenty of NFAA field rounds though. I shoot BHFS, 5 fixed pins, 12" stabilizer and release. I am shooting the Hoyt Alpha Elite, Easton X10 Pro Tours and am running Fuse BHFS Carbon Blades for front and back stabilizers.

Any Rok Slide people heading out to Redding in May for National Marked 3D or to shoot in the money events?

Plan on going. Might have to choose between Redding and Bowcast because of vacation time. If I have to choose UT here I come. You planing on shooting Maya in May? Being it's in your back yard.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Five arrow, yes on maya on its rescheduled day and redding for sure. $$$ to be made in Redding. It doesn't look as though maya is that far from you