J Batt

WKR
62265613.jpg
Hahaha. You probably have a nice truck…

OP
J Batt

J Batt

WKR
Oops my bad. I just thought you didn’t like my custom angle grinder marks…
Honestly though I think the rifle looks pretty gay. But If I can have a rifle thats half the weight, I don’t care if it looks like a pink pool noodle.
No hard feelings

OP
J Batt

J Batt

WKR
What all is polymer in the LPK and what buffer assembly are you using?
I used the New Frontier polymer LPK for $35. Pretty much every part is polymer including the HAMMER! I’m not taking it to war so I’m gonna run it till/if it fails. It’s actually a very nice trigger compared to GI, it breaks right at 3lbs.
And for the “buffer” I bought a Taccom ultralight polymer buffer, that I cut and drilled out so it weighs nothing. It only functions as a spring retainer, and its useless now as a semi auto buffer.

Just finished screwing together my new hunting rig in 6.5 grendel. Gonna be a bolt action AR. No gas system.
3 lbs 4oz unfurnished.
4 lbs 8oz with a SWFA Ultralight scope, aero mount, and 8 cartridges in a 10rd mag.
I hacked some parts up in my caveman fashion to fit my needs.
Milled a slick side upper into a side charging upper. Modified an aluminum bolt carrier to receive a side charging knob. Made a hand guard out of carbon fiber tube. Drilled out a titanium 223 brake to clear a 6.5 bullet, Etc…
Might paint it…
I’m pretty proud and excited to carry it, or more like excited to not carry my other, 3lbs heavier rifle. Wasn’t going to post but couldn’t help myself. It’s my favorite gun of all time, don’t even care how accurate it is. Perfect rifle for my kids to start deer hunting on as well.

The parts list is long and sourced from a hundred different websites.
But I’ll list most.
Xcaliber spaghetti profile 16” barrel.
Aero slick upper
DSA aluminum low mass bcg
Vseven titanium micro brake
Polymer LPK
FMK polymer lower
Smoke Composite stock assembly
Hogue 15degree grip
Any steel part that could be were swapped for titanium or carbon fiber.View attachment 390499
How does it shoot?

OP
J Batt

J Batt

WKR
Seems to shoot right around 1.5-2MOA with Hornady Black 123gr factory ammo. That was prone off a tripod with no rear rest. Hasty field zero. Plenty accurate for me.

huck

Lil-Rokslider
Looks cool,but it would be like shootin a fly swatter for me. I need 7ib.

ElPollo

WKR
That is pretty cool for a little AR type gun. Kinda gets me thinking about 6mm BRA for a fun deer/pronghorn gun with a suppressor.

Cool rifle. I like it when people look at the market and say, "Nobody makes what I want. Guess I will have to build it myself."

That is pretty cool for a little AR type gun. Kinda gets me thinking about 6mm BRA for a fun deer/pronghorn gun with a suppressor.
I wanted to do a BRA in an AR too, but there really wasn't any support there for it, especially now that 6ARC is on the scene. I'm currently building a 12" 6mm ARC on a SBR lower, it won't be this light, but it will be an amazing cartridge with great ballistics in a small package.

MrMarc

FNG
That is an interesting concept. I tend to want a traditional looking rifle, but idk why. Utility would suggest something like this would be better.