3rd axis adjustment issues

sk1

WKR
Hey guys looking for some thoughts…

I’m having difficulty getting my 3rd axis set. I’m a right handed shooter. When I tilt the 3rd axis all the way in toward me, when I aim up the bubble level stays on center. When I aim down it’s way off. If I adjust the 3rd axis back out to center the bubble level for aiming down, when I aim up its way off to the left.

I checked my first and second axis again and seems to be ok…..BUT when lining up my pins on a straight edge shooting straight/level…..the bubble level is off to the left a bit.

So I’m thinking I must have a second axis problem that’s causing a 3rd axis problem??

Anyone have any thoughts on this scenario?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OR Archer

WKR
Typically if you’re having issues getting the 3rd to level then there is something off in your second axis adjustments. Any time I run into this issue I always go back and recheck the 2nd and normally find a small error.
What sight is it?

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
It’s a MBG I believe vengeance on a 6inch dovetail

It’s gotta be my second axis….I would think. Just not sure what I did wrong checking it. When trying to line the pins up aiming straight at full draw at a straight edge the level is off. I just had a hard time believing it because I had just gotten done checking it in the vice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OR Archer

WKR
One thing about the BG is that before you set the second you need to make sure the adjustment rail is also level and not slightly cocked to one side. If you don’t it’ll give you a “false positive” that the second axis(sight ring) is correct. Then you run into the problem you’re having.