3rd Party Basemapping - Incorrect

BaseMap

It’s always been the case that ALL MAPS are only a reference and need to be verified directly with local rules and regulations. State owned lands for example can be completely off limits to public use.

It’s always been the case that ALL MAPS are only a reference and need to be verified directly with local rules and regulations. State owned lands for example can be completely off limits to public use.
I think most here are well aware of that ^^^. I also think that most here are much more interested in what efforts BaseMap is making to correct such issues as they come up and BaseMap becomes aware????????

Assuming we are looking at the same parcel, OnX also appears to show two public roads connecting the national forest to blm across the private property. In this case, the blm isn't land-locked as it sits. In general, I assume that any minor road shown to cross private property is probably gated.

Geewhiz

WKR
I think most here are well aware of that ^^^. I also think that most here are much more interested in what efforts BaseMap is making to correct such issues as they come up and BaseMap becomes aware????????
Great idea. How can we make it so we don't even have to get off the couch to hunt. Good grief people, get outside and do your own homework. Its already a hugely beneficial tool but evidently that's not enough for some people.

Great idea. How can we make it so we don't even have to get off the couch to hunt. Good grief people, get outside and do your own homework. Its already a hugely beneficial tool but evidently that's not enough for some people.
Wow did you interpret my post completely wrong.

Geez some people!

My apologies if I misunderstood. That subject strikes a nerve for me.
No worries. All I am trying to say is that it is always nice for a service to provide it's subscribers with information on what they are doing to try to improve the service they provide us. For example, I and many here moved from OnX directly due to them at the time, being behind the times. It became an over priced, behind the times service. I moved from OnX to BaseMap directly due to that. Some moved to Gaia. I have not updated my comparison of these mapping service providers since switching. But as far as BaseMap's response to the OP, (that we all should be aware of), If BaseMap is making or moving toward improvements, I would prefer that to be included in their response. It keeps us users apprised of what is or may be to come and a bit more enthused about the product.

In short, I was attempting to elicit a more proactive response from BaseMap.

BaseMap

The data for the Roads & Trails layers in BaseMap comes from various sources, including the USFS, MapBox, and Google, and is updated annually in the app. It is possible that the data changes throughout the year and those updates will hopefully be reflected in our next update.

The data for the Roads & Trails layers in BaseMap comes from various sources, including the USFS, MapBox, and Google, and is updated annually in the app. It is possible that the data changes throughout the year and those updates will hopefully be reflected in our next update.
Thanks, that is good to hear.