3W wood stove reviews?

Elite

WKR
I am looking at the luxe 3W collapsable wood stove. I have searched but can’t find much on reviews or issues? Just wondering if I should stay clear of them or purchase one

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reaper

WKR
Look like the same exact thing as kifaru stoves but they got a window on the front door and better door seal all around it,looks cool but i don't want to deal with a broken glass and can't use my stove in the middle of the backcountry.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
I agree, cool looking stove but the glass concerns me. I run both the kifaru large and medium stoves. Great little stoves!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amp713

WKR
I have one and have really liked it. Little heavier than other options but it's a very solid stove. I was worried about some of the stoves that use stove pipe material (cant remember the name this exact second) as the stove body and I was sketched out by that. I had never used stoves and was worried about me knocking it over or it collapsing. I've had 0 issue with the glass and havent been baby handling it at all. I do think the sliding vent idea is good but it didnt seem to be enough air last few times I've used it so i usually crack the door open.

Like I said, no comparison to other stoves as it's my first but I'm happy with it! If they brought the price down just a little and cut a few ounces I think they'd become more popular.

T28w

WKR
Bumping hoping for some more first hand reviews. I’m in the market for a stove and like the idea of the viewing window.

11boo

WKR
I’m just tagging along to see the answers. Been looking at the Luxe stuff too. Pretty sure it’s all Chinese stuff and priced accordingly.

Jxferg7

Lil-Rokslider
I picked one up and have loved it. Honestly the glass window doesn’t feel like glass even if it is so I never worried about breakage....honestly pretty nice having something to stare at during weather or evenings! Worth the extra weight IMO

reaper

WKR
I picked one up and have loved it. Honestly the glass window doesn’t feel like glass even if it is so I never worried about breakage....honestly pretty nice having something to stare at during weather or evenings! Worth the extra weight IMO
If i get the chance one day i will try one.I tried them all anyways

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

208blake

FNG
Great stove. Had zero issues with it so far. Only con is size. I would like a bigger size to load more and tend less. Not difficult to set up or tear down. One of the primary reasons I went with this stove. The window is nice but not a game changer.
This stove will really fire up and get the tent warm asf. I have it paired with SO redcliff single door.

pbroski

FNG
For my style of hunting. I want a camp that is easy and fast to set up and take down, so I'm going with the Winnerwell Fastfold stove.

Buckshotaz

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a Chinese knock off of the Winnerwell Fastfold on Amazon. it has glass on front door and one side (nice watching fire) right at 5# without the extra racks.

It does a good job, and I like the way it goes together and comes apart. Cost about $260?

Fitzwho

WKR
It’s not the quickest to setup, but it’s not bad. Definitely undersized at 13” for the Megahorn XL. Keeps it livable, but an 18” stove would be better for a tent that size. I like the window. It definitely isn’t standard glass.

hbc07

FNG
I picked up a Chinese knock off of the Winnerwell Fastfold on Amazon. it has glass on front door and one side (nice watching fire) right at 5# without the extra racks.

It does a good job, and I like the way it goes together and comes apart. Cost about $260?
Do you recall the brand/model info? There's just a lot to sort through on amazon.

Looney

FNG
I've had one for the last year and a half and am torn on it. I think the stove body is decent quality and the glass is more of a feature than a bug for me. Nothing beats the glow of that glass inside the tent at night. My biggest problem comes with it being a luxe product. As I said, the body is good quality, but the baffle system is sub par in my experience. I needed a replacement baffle and going through luxe to make that happen was a royal PIA. I have really enjoyed my luxe tent, and the stove to a large degree, but I'll never give those folks another dime.

Lowg08

WKR
I have one and love it. It works well and can be choked down to last quite awhile.

Buckshotaz

Lil-Rokslider
Do you recall the brand/model info? There's just a lot to sort through on amazon.

Kcelarec Camping Tent Stove,Wood Burning Stove with Chimney, Ultralight Titanium Portable Folding Camping Stove Cooking Grill​

egbateson

FNG
I have owned and used an Octopeak and 3W stove for three seasons of backpack hunting here in Montana. I honestly can't give much comparative color to this review as I've only used this stove. That being said, it's bomber. Yes, it's a bit of a PITA to set up after multiple burns( heat warp) but once it's together it goes. It is on the smaller side but had no problem heating my tent to T-shirt temps. I didn't buy the stove for all-night heat, it's there for waking hours to make life enjoyable in Nov temps. Zero-degree sleeping bags are for when the fire burns out. The glass adds a firelight warmth that goes a long way when the sun goes down at 5 p.m. and its a blizzard outside. I'm buying a SO 6-man tepee so we will see if this stove can make it liveable.