4 Fletch For Fixed Blades

Cody_W

WKR
Hey guys I’m gonna switch to 4 fletch next year on some Victory VAPs and I’m curious if anyone is running the AAE Pro Max 1.7s in a 4 fletch configuration and fixed blades with much success or have any other vane recommendations.

Thanks y’all,
Cody

rekkr870

Lil-Rokslider
How come you're going to 4 fletched? Broadheads not flying with FP?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

dkime

WKR
The shortest I've gone in a 4 fletch with fixed was a 2.25 Vanetec Swift and they shot great. Right now Its AAE Hybrid 26 4 fletch and stabilization is perfect. I think the cons of going too short outweigh the cons of going to long but it's all going to be dependent on your tune.

I ran the blazer X2’s and Pro Max AAE’s for short vanes on vaps, and tried max stealths and vanetec Swift 2.8 all in 4 fletch, I settled on the vanetec’s the longer vanes were more forgiving for me and kept better groups at long distance the stealths are awesome to just a lot of weight on the back end, I also tried the plastifletch from aae the same cut out as stealths and they were good but super soft material didn’t seem tough but flew great.

AAE pro max in a 4 fletch work great. I’m currently back to using flex fletch. Stuff babe and very light. And tough

I think 4 fletch is good for small vanes

Last edited:
OP
Cody_W

Cody_W

WKR
I ran the blazer X2’s and Pro Max AAE’s for short vanes on vaps, and tried max stealths and vanetec Swift 2.8 all in 4 fletch, I settled on the vanetec’s the longer vanes were more forgiving for me and kept better groups at long distance the stealths are awesome to just a lot of weight on the back end, I also tried the plastifletch from aae the same cut out as stealths and they were good but super soft material didn’t seem tough but flew great.

I really like the stealths but 30 grains of vane is a bit of a turn off for me.

Going to 4 vanes can cause a number of issues - especially fletch contact with the rest. Shot fixed blades for decades and QAD Exodus fly very well with blazers and flex-fletch - with some right helical angle. Get great groups out to 70-80 yards.

They should work fine with some of the shorter fixed blade heads. You might have to play with how much helical you put on them to get enough drag on the back end to keep them from getting wacky. Currently I use 3" Q2i Fusion X-II for my setup. They're heavier than you're wanting, but they make everything fly like darts with my bow.

dkime

WKR
I’m an engineer, I come by overthinking naturally.

If that’s what you’re into, you should consider the effect that opposing forces can have on stability as compared to 3 fletch lol just giving you a hard time but I do think there is something to it. Shoot what you want and shoot it some more, only one way to find out what works for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shawnjon

FNG
That’s what Valkyrie Archery puts on their reign shafts to fly their 350 grain jaggers.

shawnjon

FNG
No, I just ordered some bare daysix shafts that I’m going to put 4 pro max on and 175 bloodeagle up front.

[email protected]

Lil-Rokslider
I’m testing 3,4&6 fletch max stealths on my new arrow build I’m confident I’ll settle on the 4 fletch but man the 6 looks cool.

I’m testing 3,4&6 fletch max stealths on my new arrow build I’m confident I’ll settle on the 4 fletch but man the 6 looks cool.

6 with the max stealth? Those suckers are heavy. I’d run just 3 of the max stealth.

I’ve run 6 fletch in the plastifletch max 1.6” vanes with good results