4 Fletch For Fixed Blades

I should mention, this groups the fixed heads the same as anything out to 85 yards. This setup also had 6” less drop at 50 yards compared to 3 fletch Max stealths. Is that not forgiveness? How are you measuring forgiveness?

I’ve tried 3 and 4 fletch in all of these in various lengths. AAE Max stealths, Max hunters, pro Max, max, blazers, raptors, q2i fusions, and bohning heat vanes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not trying to argue by the way, just for discussion!

I should mention, this groups the fixed heads the same as anything out to 85 yards. This setup also had 6” less drop at 50 yards compared to 3 fletch Max stealths. Is that not forgiveness? How are you measuring forgiveness?

I’ve tried 3 and 4 fletch in all of these in various lengths. AAE Max stealths, Max hunters, pro Max, max, blazers, raptors, q2i fusions, and bohning heat vanes.

Try torquing your bow a little. Lean in with your cheek a little more than usual.
Shoot from positions that alter your form a bit. See if they still impact behind your pins.

I have no doubt you didn't see as much drop, they don't have as much drag, it's just that's what it takes to overcome the broadhead in the front.

Might be they work fine and are forgiving, only thing I use 2~" vanes for are outdoor targets. I just want every advantage I can get when I'm shooting a broadhead at an animal. Years ago I tried a bunch of vanes and overall I wasn't impressed with short vanes. Blazers can work well because of their height, but they are loud. Same as most taller vanes. A longer vane generally produces a quieter arrow. I like a quiet arrow.

Reactions: Zac

Zac

WKR
Not trying to argue by the way, just for discussion!

Yeah forgiveness is based upon the factors that the shooter values for sure. I would definitely say better trajectory fits into a more forgiving set-up. John Dudley, and Gillingham are using small profile vanes as well. I like to error on the side of losing my shit when I have an animal in front of me. Your setup sounds like it's working great for you though.

I bought another Left Helical clamp for my Bitz and a Last Chance jig to do 4 fletch with Heats and Ive tried the TAC and ProMax's in 4 and I keep going back to Max Stealths with an Arizona EZ fletch- the simple little jig and that Helical just seem the quietest and most forgiving. Nothing to quantify it but I'm going back to K.I.S.S. and trying to stop overthinking it.
That test that you posted Zac really sums it up well (the link) for 3 fletch.
I have also had great luck in the past with FFP360 vanes but the stealths work great for now.

Reactions: Zac

Zac

WKR
I bought another Left Helical clamp for my Bitz and a Last Chance jig to do 4 fletch with Heats and Ive tried the TAC and ProMax's in 4 and I keep going back to Max Stealths with an Arizona EZ fletch- the simple little jig and that Helical just seem the quietest and most forgiving. Nothing to quantify it but I'm going back to K.I.S.S. and trying to stop overthinking it.
That test that you posted Zac really sums it up well (the link) for 3 fletch.
I have also had great luck in the past with FFP360 vanes but the stealths work great for now.
Yeah I think that is the most scientific test out right now. Tippets had a six fletch article on here that was interesting. However I tend to not buy into results that begin with a shop paper tune then proceed straight to outdoor testing. The lab radar is king when it comes to data.