4 fletch

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
Can anyone let me know if I can 4 fletch a micro diameter shaft? I wanted to do a 4 fletch on black eagle x impacts but was hoping for some insight before I got started.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

FlyGuy

WKR
I don’t do my own, but I shoot valkyries and they are 4 fletch micro diameters so I know it can be done.

You can’t cheat the mountain

OP
Ndstevens

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
Cool. Yes, I believe your arrows are actually the exact same just different logo. What do you think of yours with 4 fletch?

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have flex fletch 225’s on gold tip pierce tours, 4 fletch at 90 degrees and they work great. They are .229 outside diameter.

FlyGuy

WKR
Cool. Yes, I believe your arrows are actually the exact same just different logo. What do you think of yours with 4 fletch?

Love them. I don’t plan on changing.

I do need to get set up to do my own fletching though, as I have accumulated 4-5 arrows now with torn or missing vanes. I’ve got the glue and fletching, but I need to order a jig. Not sure exactly what I need to buy tho? I hear the bitz jig brought up a lot, but not sure if that’s what I need?

You can’t cheat the mountain

I just recently got into building my own arrows and love the bitz jig...buy once cry once

BCSojourner

Lil-Rokslider
Can anyone let me know if I can 4 fletch a micro diameter shaft? I wanted to do a 4 fletch on black eagle x impacts but was hoping for some insight before I got started.

Definitely can do 4-fletch on X Impact. I just 6-fletched some X Impacts using a Bitz and AAE Max 2.0 vanes. Used slight offset and AAE primer and glue. Still have a little spacing between vanes with the 2.0 even with 6 fletch. Six of those vanes are equivalent to 3 Stealth vanes in surface area so should steer a fixed blade well. Have read a few articles and posts and decided to try it. Anxious to see how they spin, and they are lower-profile so should also work well in wind.

OP
Ndstevens

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the replies fellas. I guess my biggest concern is I only have the Arizona ez fletch with the "true helical". But I assume as long as their all consistently spaced as you all are doing with a straight or offset it shouldn't matter.

Yes you can a bits jigs works but the firenock jigs are best! if you have any questions you can call me at the shop and i will be glad to answer them. We have fletched a few arrows over the last 17 years

Jerry
SouthShore Archery
813 545 0754

Zac

WKR
I really had difficulties going helical on a micro shaft with a stiff vane, ended up refletching over 20 shafts, biggest thing that helped was using a wrap

OP
Ndstevens

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
I really had difficulties going helical on a micro shaft with a stiff vane, ended up refletching over 20 shafts, biggest thing that helped was using a wrap
Thanks for the input. Did the wrap just help them adhere or do you mean because it added a bit to the diameter of the arrow creating more surface to fletch on?

OP
Ndstevens

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
Yes you can a bits jigs works but the firenock jigs are best! if you have any questions you can call me at the shop and i will be glad to answer them. We have fletched a few arrows over the last 17 years

Jerry
SouthShore Archery
813 545 0754
Thanks Jerry. I'll definitely keep you in mind!