4 person tent help

denzr2

FNG
I’m looking for any suggestions/opinions on a shelter for late season in Montana. My buddy and I are going to pack in a few mile and planning on it being cold. Been looking at the seek outside 4person tipi stove combo. I’m worried about it due to the weight but we would like to have a stove Incase we need it. Has anyone used this combo or looks other shelters that have stoves and is big enough for 2 people and gear.

reaper

WKR
I’m looking for any suggestions/opinions on a shelter for late season in Montana. My buddy and I are going to pack in a few mile and planning on it being cold. Been looking at the seek outside 4person tipi stove combo. I’m worried about it due to the weight but we would like to have a stove Incase we need it. Has anyone used this combo or looks other shelters that have stoves and is big enough for 2 people and gear.
I had the 4 man for many years,one of my best shelters.Medium stove is not to big and wont weight a ton.Excellent choice.If you want a little bit more room you can look at the redcliff and its easier to pitched.
b97b83808235c7f2b802b39547e72368.jpg

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

OP
denzr2

denzr2

FNG
any idea of what temperature rate bag I should get with it have I a medium stove. I’m a warm sleep.

Mosby

WKR
IMO the best all around bag for hunting is a 15 degree bag. I would also be careful about getting too big of a footprint. Depending on where you are going, it can be hard to find enough of a flat area in steep ground to set up a larger tipi. As alternatives, I would also look at the SO LBO(with 2 bases) or a Cimarron. I think the Cimarron would be great for 2 guys with a medium stove. Smaller and less weight than a 4 man tipi. Ryan Lampers discussed the SO LBO and Cimarron on a Gritty Bowmen podcast. You might want to check out his thoughts fwiw.

EP. 455: RYAN LAMPERS // SHELTERS AND STUFF

Last edited:

Kstitz

FNG
I have an 8 man seek outside that I am selling. I will tell you that it is barley big enough for 4 people on a late season hunt. I would not go on a late season hunt without a stove, you really need to have a way to dry clothes and there is nothing like a fire in frigid temps.