4 season tent recommendation

Looking for some insight on a 4 season tent for myself and my wife. I have a three season big Agnes UL fly creek 2 and love it but we are planning a drop caribou hunt in the Brooks range next year mid September. Would like to keep a floor style tent with vestibule but keep it light weight for future backcountry style hunts as well as weight restrictions on the drop hunt.

Looking into a few Hillebergs right now that are black label 4 seasons. Not too familiar with them but they look to be well built and not too heavy. More so than my existing set up.

I appreciate all the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Nallo 3GT & I think it would work great for you. Bomb proof & lots of room for both of you & your gear with the vestibule. If I remember correctly its 7 lbs total

AKarchery

FNG
Little late on this but hey it’s better than never. My wife and I have used this tent all over Alaska from chugach sheep hunts to haul road caribou and we love it. It’s the nallo 3GT. Bucks the wind really well. It is a 4 season so condensation is not the greatest but that’s common with every 4 season tent I’ve used. My only 2 qualms about it are that with it being a bigger tent you need some room to set it up, and that it’s not freestanding. But again those are trade offs for having the bigger tent and vestibule. With the way Alaska weather changes and high odds of spending a day or a few in the tent the extra room is awesome.

Attachments

• CDE97072-93CA-46D4-A6BD-D94CA02C432A.jpeg
    CDE97072-93CA-46D4-A6BD-D94CA02C432A.jpeg
    568.1 KB · Views: 43

TheRambler

Lil-Rokslider
I absolutely love the Hilleberg Nammatj. I had a Nammatj 2 but went to a Nammatj 3 gt for extra room. The 2 was perfect when solo.

OP
ddavis_1313
Little late on this but hey it’s better than never. My wife and I have used this tent all over Alaska from chugach sheep hunts to haul road caribou and we love it. It’s the nallo 3GT. Bucks the wind really well. It is a 4 season so condensation is not the greatest but that’s common with every 4 season tent I’ve used. My only 2 qualms about it are that with it being a bigger tent you need some room to set it up, and that it’s not freestanding. But again those are trade offs for having the bigger tent and vestibule. With the way Alaska weather changes and high odds of spending a day or a few in the tent the extra room is awesome.

Ordered the nammataj 2 gt and we used it in Colorado for elk this year. It’s pretty dang bomb proof and we loved it after a couple of days. I will say, we drove through the night and set the tent up around 2 pm then went out hunting. Wife killed that afternoon so when we crawled in the tent around 5 am after breaking down an elk we didn’t realize that there was a mesh door and solid door. By 8:30 am we were coming out of that hot box! Jeez! When that sun hit that tent it got warm in a hurry. Didn’t help that the temp that first night was about 68 degrees. Took a couple days before we realized and dialed in the ventilation. I can say that I look forward in using this bad boy in Alaska. I need to get the foot print for it. I always feel more comfortable having them even though I’ve read plenty of reviews of people not running them on these and being fine. But I also don’t know what terrain we will be in so I’d rather have it in case we are on rock or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk