40 Mile Air Lake Hunt

BBalash3

Lil-Rokslider
We are finally booked for a 2016 lake hunt with 40 mile air! Was hoping for a ridge hunt, but as first timers with 40 mile air, we took what we could get. Has anyone been on one of these hunts? If so, what should we expect? Should I leave the spotter at home? Is getting any elevation for glassing on these lake hunts possible?

After looking at the size of the lake on USGS and google earth, I am thinking a raft might be useful to navigate the area. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to take along? Can a raft be rented anyplace between Anchorage and Tok?

mixed bag

FNG
Rented a raft from Larry Bartlet last year on my moose hunt and he will ship to where you want it.I hunted with 40 mile 3 years back and had an awesome trip but it was caribou.I have no idea about their lake hunts.They are a great outfit to deal with,and I will use them again one day.A spotter is good to have to judge size so I would bring one.Take ALOT of time studying moose size this summer.Its not hard to do and if you wait for a 4 browtine bull you may go home empty.I would have but instead have a freezer full of meat
You can expect a very professionally run business.Decent motel across the street from their operation to stay at before and after your trip and Fast Eddies for food when you get out of the bush.You will have a great experience and I wish you a lot of luck

OP
B

BBalash3

Lil-Rokslider
Mixed Bag - thanks, I will check out Larry's website.

Kevin Dill - its a C185 on floats and our weight limit is 800 lbs total between the two of us.

VernAK - PM sent.

mixed bag

FNG
One bit of advise is make sure you have 3-4 extra days of food.On these fly outs weather is a BIG deal.You can get stuck for days.A flex ticket on your airline is a good idea to.Have the BEST rain gear you can afford.It rains more then it shines in Ak so just be prepared for being wet alot