$400 and under

Jmort1754

WKR
Have an exped winter lite pad.

Looking for a bag for 3rd season Colorado and late season muzzleloader here in the North east.

Budget is 400 or so. Was looking at the elk park but it’s heavy.

What other options are out there? Keep in mind I’m 6’5.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Kelty Sonic 0 is under that budget, they make it in a long, not sure if it'll work for 6'5" though. Nemo has some options. Sleeping bags go like this

Cheap
Light
Warm

You can pick 2.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
I looked at the sonic
I’ve also looked at stepping the price up what is the next level ?

Mosby

WKR
Western Mountaineering or Feathered Friends is the next level. Not sure there is anything better. Both made in US. I bought a WM bag from Moosejaw. Between % back in points from MJ and another % rebate from Active Junky, I thought it was a pretty good deal.

Another option under $400 would be a Kifaru slick bag. I have never used one but they are under $400 and according to their website the long are good to 6'7".

Last edited:

JamesP

WKR
Under your budget but may be a little bulky for some but its hard to beat a Wiggys bag for the money if you have the room. I've slept well into the teens in my regular/wide 20deg ultralight and it comes in about 3.50lb. Not real heavy but they are just not as compressible because of the lamination on the insulation. Thats the only downside, otherwise they are pretty bombproof and very warm for under $200 on sale. Ive been using and washing mine regularly for a few years and never had a issue.

Catahoula

WKR
I run a BA Summit Park 15 (long). It’s a touch heavy but I prefer a roomier bag and that worth it to me. Use a S to S Comfort Plus insulated pad with it.

jspradley

WKR
Mtn Hardware makes good bags well within that price range, if you decide to go that route hit me up and I'll send you a coupon code for 20-30% off on their site

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I looked at the sonic
I’ve also looked at stepping the price up what is the next level ?

If you can step up another 150.00 a western mountaineering badger MF is about as good as it gets. I got the 6’6 version (I’m 6’4) and it feels awesome.

Get ahold of bean outdoors, they can hook you up.