40th birthday hunt inspiration

seigeto

FNG
I’m turning 40 in 2022 and my wife and I typically do experience based gifts. I’ve been toying with the idea of a hunt and looking for inspiration on what/where to go. My wife doesn’t hunt, so I’m wanting to do something where we can vacation together and I can go hunt over a few days before returning home, ie possibly a Hawaii axis hunt. (Appealing because we had our fist baby this year so could do the chill beach vacation and then I could go do some hunting before we head home.)

But also think that maybe an Argentina duck hunt or a good upland hunt somewhere would be awesome … open to any and all ideas as I’m just dreaming now.

If you end up going to HI be sure to head on over to Kona & go Marlin fishing... it's probably the best place in the world to catch one ... it's an awesome experience you'll both enjoy.

Rob5589

WKR
If you're open to fishing instead, Key West is very cool. Nice warm and mellow water for the baby and wife, reportedly great fishing, great food. I regret passing on fishing when we were there, next time for sure. Hell of a lot cheaper than HI, too.

TSAMP

WKR
If you're open to fishing instead, Key West is very cool. Nice warm and mellow water for the baby and wife, reportedly great fishing, great food. I regret passing on fishing when we were there, next time for sure. Hell of a lot cheaper than HI, too.
Could also likely do a quick hog hunt as well in Florida. Or overnight bow fishing.

I’m turning 40 in 2022 and my wife and I typically do experience based gifts. I’ve been toying with the idea of a hunt and looking for inspiration on what/where to go. My wife doesn’t hunt, so I’m wanting to do something where we can vacation together and I can go hunt over a few days before returning home, ie possibly a Hawaii axis hunt. (Appealing because we had our fist baby this year so could do the chill beach vacation and then I could go do some hunting before we head home.)

But also think that maybe an Argentina duck hunt or a good upland hunt somewhere would be awesome … open to any and all ideas as I’m just dreaming now.
Argentina!

Wags

WKR
In the same boat this year. I was going to do Canada for ducks but that's no longer an option. I was too late to book anything big game ....

OP
seigeto

seigeto

FNG
In the same boat this year. I was going to do Canada for ducks but that's no longer an option. I was too late to book anything big game ....
Postponing is an option I've been considering. Work wise it's a good year for me though.

Northpark

WKR
For me I’ve always thought a Caribbean flats fishing trip at a nice resort would be great with the wife and kids.

I had kids young so for my 40th I’m planning a big family hunt to Africa because they’ll be plenty old enough to hunt in their own.

DuckDogDr

WKR
I would count Argentina out. Been trying to get back down there myself the past 2 years. As of last check borders are still closed.
Their tentative re-opening to US keeps getting pushed back. And the last plan I saw is still limiting US tourists to a certain block within buenos aires.

It's at least a 3 hour drive from BA to decent bird hunting..

jblam

Lil-Rokslider
Is it an option to leave the baby at home or is he/she coming with you wherever you go?

Just did my 45th on a 4 day backpack hunt with a buddy. Not a big birthday person and my wife actually had to remind me before I left. I mentioned it to my buddy that evening and we had some whiskey. Saw one of the biggest bucks I’ve seen and I couldn’t get a shot at with the muzzleloader. I didn’t have to tolerate a party or anything. Best birthday I ever had. If I was getting a vacation sort of thing out of it I guess it depends on where you’re coming from. I live a couple blocks from the ocean so Id be wanting to head for the mountains myself, or maybe South Dakota for a pheasant hunt and see the sights. If you don’t live near the ocean, Florida would be on my radar. They’re wide open and there’s gators, pigs, fishing and all the vacation stuff.

Maverick1

WKR

So, what is the plan?