44 4th season deer

Headed to 44 Monday to help a guy that has the tag and he's had several people that were going to help back out at the last minute for various reasons. I'm not very experienced at scoring deer but might wanna hunt it next year and I've never been there this time of the year so I told him I'd be up to help out. I've driven thru the area for many years but just never hunted in 44 so most the terrain will be new to me. He's been talking with a few others with experience in the unit and scouted some as well but any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated for this once in a lifetime draw, even at this late stage.

OP
COLOelkman
My friend shot one on day 4. We also scouted most of Monday and all of Tuesday. Fun hunt but it was extremely muddy on many roads as no snow and melting most days. I could draw next year but not sure if I want to as we only saw 1 shooter in 6 days. He could shot one every morning and evening but held out hoping to find a decent buck. He preferred not to post a photo but it was 30" wide and 6x7 and several points were short but still a cool buck that I woulda shot on day 4 also. He put on a good stalk rather than taking the 500+ yd shot.

Last edited: