4473 fun / dealer question

So my two adult kids (18/20) who both have texas concealed handgun licenses went to buy their own rifles for this year's hunts. They both had purchased semi shotguns the prior year no issue. Now they go to purchase bolt guns and with this enhanced background stuff they got given three rounds of pending for ten days. My buddy who has the ffl finally got pissed and called atf and was basically told they are delaying everyone in this age group. It kept getting reset from pending to new. They finally pushed it through after he escalated highlighting that they have already been signed off concealed carry in texas and been fingerprinted etc by dps. Have any of you guys seen this nonsense? My kids were rather frustrated by it. Both have been saving up to buy their own pistols and curious how that is going go. It's texas so in that age group they are legal but atf fun is bound to happen I suspect. Any dealers in Texas please let me know your experiences!

xsn10s

WKR
I find that surprising since here in Oregon 4473 check go through the state and Federal. I've personally ran maybe two or three 18-20 year olds in the last six months and haven't had anything delayed more than three days that I can recall. If there was a recent discrepancy such as: address change, spelling, abbreviations for address street names between ID to form, ete that can cause a delay. It's better for the applicant to call the ATF rather than the dealer to fix issues that the dealer can't. I've called OSP for possible issues and once straightened out it's pretty much an instant approval. I would guess Texas would be easier than Oregon.

MikeDeltaFoxtrot

Lil-Rokslider
Your boys won’t be able to buy a pistol from an FFL until they are 21 per the Gun Control Act. There is litigation pending in several states challenging it under Bruen, but it has been the law since 1968.